Arrgh! Really hate to see it.

rhomer

While I was on Vacation in the Fla. Keys last week. I was in a resteraunt that had a couple of sw fish tanks setup. They had two 55 gallon tanks setup with the sunken boat and a ton of fish. These weren't terrible, but when I saw the 125 I was completly disgusted. They had not one but 2 nurse sharks in the 125. These fish couldn't even turn around in the tank. One was problably 24 inches long and the other was about 20 inches. Do the math and you could see that in a 125 the larger one has to bend his body completely to turn around.
Oh and not to mention that they had the tank on a counter top obvious not designed to handle 900 lbs. About 2 inches of glass was not supported on the front of the tank, there were not supports under 3/4 of the tank.
What a shame.

tru conch

dude that sucks.
just out of curiosity, where in the keys was this? i dont know of any resturants in the upper keys with those setups....
on a side note, in key largo there is a store called "world wide water sports" with 5 setups that are pretty good. the large tank in the back is the most impressive, along with their clownfish tank.

rhomer

Hey it was a seafood resteraunt right next to a bar b que resturant going south on 1. It is on the right side. This is really close to the K-Mart, but on the other side of the road. It was very far north, I know that it was north of MM 93. We were staying in a place just before the Taverner sign called Hammer Point.

rhomer

Hey it was a seafood resteraunt right next to a bar b que resturant going south on 1. It is on the right side. This is really close to the K-Mart, but on the other side of the road. It was very far north, I know that it was north of MM 93. We were staying in a place just before the Taverner sign called Hammer Point.

rhomer

tru conch

ahhh. you must be speaking of Perry's resturant. yeah i havent been in there in awhile, quite a few years actually.
thats a real shame if they have their aquariums like that. if it helps any Perry's is not a local's favorite, not too many people go there to eat nor is it recommended.
lemme know next time you are down there, and i can point you in the right direction of some good resturants, without sharks crammed into a tank.

rhomer

My favorite is Chilly Willies. Cheap lots of food, and it is usually good. We didn't choose that place, it was late on a weeknight, and there isn't much to choose from after 9:00.
The food was fine, but the prices were weird. Very expensive seafood, and very cheap food for non-seafood. (go figure).
Rob