Arrowa Carb/ Turbo Snails

sting_ray29

Either arrowa crabs are real good at eating snails or I got a whole lot of dead snails in my order.... Are snails supposed to not move for over a day and stink real bad???? Hald of the 20 shells I got are empty and only 4 are on the wall.... Can Arrowa crabs eat snails this easily and does this cover the 6 day guarentee????

sting_ray29

I counted 15 empty shells and ones that haven't moved since I got them.... Can I get my money back for these 16, including the ones empty?? Also, should I take all of the ones that haven't moved out and freeze them so they don't raise my ammonia????

jbstuart

Actually my arrow crab took out two fish before I noticed it. He's a pain, I'm going to return him for credit this week. Personally I'm not a big fan of the arrow crab anymore.

sting_ray29

mine hasn't done anything to my fish.. What type of fish were they?? I took one of the dead snails and ropped it over by my arrow crab and it pulled the dead body out of the shell and when it was eating it my small spotted hawkfish swam over and started shaking a bunch and stole it from it... pretty cool..

clarkiiboi

In regards to you placing a dead snail by the arrow crab and it pulling the body out and eating it, that is a good thing---simply doing its job. It may have just been doing its job also on the others that were already dead or on their way out. How did the snails look in the bag when you recieved them, were they active? Did you acclimate them slowly? I dont have experience with arrow crabs, so not sure if they would go after healthy snails for the heck of it or not. Just looking at it from another point of view.

jbstuart

2 gobies died to him. I also watched him chase my large hermit out of water up a filter pipe, and last night he was trying to grab my large yellow damsel in the tank. They look cumbersome and slow, but I'm telling you these things can flat move if they choose to put it in gear.