ASM G2 help please........

turningtim

I'm helping another memeber set up a 120 tall (preowned) and it came with a G2 skimmer. Couple of questions......
What is the correct water depth for the skimmer in the sump?
Anybody have any idea where I can get a copy of the instructions? Can't find them on line. If someone willing to point in the right direction or email/fax them to me that would be great! :joy:
Anybody ever done a mod for air control? maybe not needed?
I have it working but think it could be more efficient, I just think its too deep in the sump.
Thanks
Tim

kiharaconn

I have the same skimmer and love it. Mine is in 8" or more deep. If yours hasn't been run in awhile let it run for a few days before you worry about how well it is doing. I think mine ran for about a week before I started to really notice anything. The pipe on the side - the top of it should be about level with the bottom of the collection cup. I do still have the instruction that I could email to you. Just let me know. kiharaconnie@yahoo.com

turningtim

Thanks that would be great! We just ripped the tank yesterday and the skimmer was running before that. The previous owner had cleaned the skimmer throughly before we got there, so maybe it needs a chance to get yucky again. Also have stired up quite a bit of yuck so , when I set it up at the original height it went nuts so I backed it down a bit. Its running in about 13" of water, I think I'll bring it up a bit and see what happens.
Sending mail!
Thanks so much
Tim
One more thing, do you run the air wide open? Should there be some kind of air adjustment? This one just is an open tube!
YGM

rhomer

There is a great site that shows pics of the mods and has forums only about this skimmer. The site is asm skimmer dot com. Good luck
Rob

turningtim

Thanks Rob! I did find that site after I posted. Pretty cool stuff but this is for a new owner of a 120 tall that I helped set-up. I just thought he might like the instructions.
I did get up and running, the thing kicks some butt!
Thanks again
Tim