Astrea Snail Problem

M

metalhead

Okay so i just picked up 3 Astra snails for my 12 G cube. And i get them home and even in there bag i got them in they were just chilling in there shell and didnt cmoe out and stick to the bag, so i get them home, and they have been in my tank for like 4 hours, and havent moved an inch, is there something wrong with my snails.

renogaw

how'd you acclimate them? since they are in your tank already, just hope for the best. put them on a solid flat surface and let them open on their own.
what's your salt level?

mrextc

yeah...that happened to me too. i don't know, but i left my snail in there for 24 hours and nothing...so i took it out and threw it away...it didnt' smell very good, so i guess it was a gonner...

nick76

Originally Posted by MetalHead
Okay so i just picked up 3 Astra snails for my 12 G cube. And i get them home and even in there bag i got them in they were just chilling in there shell and didnt cmoe out and stick to the bag, so i get them home, and they have been in my tank for like 4 hours, and havent moved an inch, is there something wrong with my snails.
give them some time, it make take a day or so before they get around.

M

metalhead

Okay its morning now, there still not moving, there just in there shell, so i picked one up and touched it, and it seemed to be strong and that when i touched it, but it didnt retract, another snail i touched and it was all mushy.

R

rattler739

I had that happen to me, the lfs gave me either dead ones or they pulled them off and killed them but either way they were gonners. sry bout your snails

fishy7

I bout 10 and most of them did not move around much for 48 hours. Then the next day had to look all over for them. I did have a couple die over by my Clean up crew took care of any mess. Give them time.