Astrowars

elfdoctors

Another round of Astrowars is starting now. Many people from these boards are participating. I will be playing my fourth round.
If you click on this link to sign on, I will get a small bonus:
http://82.165.38.217/register/?r=45469
I, StacyT and Ffisherman from these boards will be playing with the TZAR alliance this beta. (StacyT and I will be in leadership roles). We will be starting in a day or so. I will post the sign in time if anyone is interested in playing with us. You will need to register on the above link before you can actually start playing as you need to get a confirmatory e-mail before the game will let you sign in.
Newbies are welcome. This game is great!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting game, I have to say. I played a round this summer, and would continue playing from time to time, but can't really find time for both Astrowars and moding at SWF.com.
I think our moderator Thomas plays as well, right?
Elfdoc, you may want to link up the old Thread so folks can kinda see what its all about.
New players need to strive to hitch up with an alliance, otherwise, the game would be pretty boring. Also, if you play, don't give up visiting us at SWF.com!

There is actaully a good many reefers and SW hobbyists in this game. There is one alliance, the NEMOS, who are basically SW hobbyists, I believe they were establised by -- members, but also now include SWF.com members and others. Astrowars has its own forums as well and individual alliances have their own forums. There are thousands of players from all over the world, but mostly from Spain and Germany. I think the American players are increasing, however, and many of those are SW hobbyists.
It is really a lot of Real Time competition going on and the name of the game is WAR, so if you don't like fighting, its not the game for you. Plan on spending a lot of time with the games towards the end of the round.
Here is someone's avatar that I saved....I believe someone who didn't like NEMOS.

elfdoctors

Any one who is interested in playing with us for this round of Astrowars should sign in at 5:00 pm EST on Wednesday, January 5th. The game is much easier to master if you have a local ally.
The NEMO alliance has lost most of its reefers. The majority of the remaining members do not keep saltwater fish. That is part of the reason that StacyT, I and ffisherman left last round to joing TZAR.
Here is the thread that Beth referred to:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...hreadid=125358

ty_05_f

Yeah Thomas, I, sammystingray, and a bunch of others play for the NEMOS. Most of them are reefers.

fishy411

i just tried to register but it keeps saying my username is bad. Any ideas that i can use that would work

fishy411

just did. The reply i got was
No valid Email Address.
No usersname.
No Password.
Password cannot be the same as the username.
Password must have 3-12 characters (A-Z0-9).
Username already exits.
Username must have 3-12 characters (A-Z0-9).
can someone give an example of what a good username would be and tell me why it wount take my password or email address

elfdoctors

What are everyone's coordinates and usernames?
I am at -21/51. I am elfdoctors in the game also.
@fishy411 - I had some difficulty registering initially. That is part of the reason why I suggested that people register early. The system may be overloaded with people trying to have multiple accounts (which is cheating) and trying to start the game now. Just keep trying with different names.
@Ross - I didn't even know you were a member on these boards for the two betas that I was in NEMO!
Nack actually offered me a leadership council position with NEMO if I returned but I heard of too many good friends who also left this beta (and I don't like switching alliances too often).
Sammystingray is a former moderator who no longer has access here. He is JohnnyWrath in the game. I registered under his link when I first joined the game.
I wish the best of luck for all the NEMOs. I believe that our two alliances will remain as allies. Our alliance seems to have been spread out more than usual by our late sign in time.

darknes

I just signed on, and have never played before, but I'm interested in learning. Is there somewhere I can read how to play the game?
Also, my coordinates are -50/-12

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That would be a shame if NEMOS were not reefers/SW hobbyists anymore. :thinking: Sorta like a fish out of water!
Isn't there an article on Astrowars somewhere which is a tribute to the SW BB hobbyists who have joined the game? If someone has the link, please post it up! :D
It is free and its pretty awesome when you know that thousands of players are playing that game. If you are on your own at the beginning of the game, it can be a little boring, but stick with it. Then you may be able to join one of your neighboring alliances. Visit the forums to get info on the game, and also, you can use this thread to ask questions and visit with fellow Astrowarians.

ty_05_f

people started joining other alliances for different reasons but the majority of the Nemos are swf hobbyists