At what level of salinity...

evaredee

will fish die. I had a salinity level of .026 and I think that killed my fish in my reef. I know it was my fault but could that have been the problem. Corals did fine.

nas19320

A specific gravity of 1.026 shouldn't have killed your fish unless your hydrometer/refractometer was way off but then again your corals are fine. I would look for the cause of death somewhere else.

reefnut

I reciently found out my specific gravity was running at 1.028
... although IMO that's way to high, I was running at that level for almost a year with no deaths... Now thanks to a refractometer I'm running at 35ppt... or just above 1.025. IMO 1.026 is fine as long as you don't have much swing in your specific gravity.

evaredee

Thanks for the replies. I don't know what happened. They just vanished. I had a very small chevron tang, a neon pseudo and an algae blenny. I found the blenny as he was being consumed by my 6 brittle stars. None of the Brittles ate the fish. I have had them for years and none are like the green monster brittle stars. I just don't know what happened. My pseudo had been with me for 3 years. I just bought the blenny and he seemed to be fine. The tang is the main culprit. I had bought him very recently. Maybe he had some undetectable disease that wiped everything out. Oh well, I will be starting over again. This time I will buy all of them at the same time. I hate starting over.