Atlantic Blue Tangs

paulkai

Atlantic Blue Tangs?? Anyone have one? Know anything about them. They appear awesome looking, but I don't know if the pictures are being jacked up.

fshhub

don't have one, but one of our lfs's carries them, and he has one in his display, beautiful, but then again, i like the looks of most fishes so i guess i am not a good judge, that is one reaon we took up snorkeling and reef keeping

OK, FIRST THINGS FIRST! I THINK I GOT RIPPED ON THE TANG SUBJECT BEFORE BUT THATS ALL IN THE PAST, SO HERES MY TWO CENTS ON THIS PARTICULAR FISH FROM A PAST EXPERIANCE! I USED TO HAVE A BABY ATLANTIC BLUE AND IT WAS THE MEANEST FISH I EVER HAD. I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL BECAUSE IT WAS ONLY ABOUT AN INCH LONG. WELL, TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, IT ATE THE FINS OFF MY MAROON CLOWN AND DRAGONET! NEVER NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN WILL I HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT THAT FISH AGAIN. BY THE WAY, AFTER I CAUGHT HIM (WHICH TOOK ME TWO LONG WEEKS) BOTH FISH MADE A FULL RECOVERY.

paulkai

Lord,
It ate the fins of two fish??? No offense...I'm glad they made a full recovery, but in a way that's sort of funny. Maybe they stole from him or were picking on him and he lost his temper. He's like Cujo...only a fish.
Thanks for the input people.