Atlantis Submarine

gpyetiman

:scared: Vacation in Oahu and I was wondering if anyone would reccomend taking the Atlantis Submarine tour. It is quite pricy ( for five people ) and I was wondering if it was worth it? Also If you go snorkling in Hanauma Bay, would you reccomend going on a tour or can you go on your own?

ltrain35

If you go to Hanuma Bay, I would definetely go on your own. That way, you can stay as long or as short as you like. If you do go, go there early in the morning. When the parking lots get filled, they wont let you in. You have to wait till later in the afternoon when people are leaving so you can get in.
I have never done the atlantis submarine yet. Looks neat though.

ruaround

i can post some pix if you would like... i would highly recomend doing the submarine/dinner cruise combo...freakin amazing!!! haunoma bay is a must as well... be aware they shut the park down one entire day for maintenance... i think tuesdays... rent some scooters and cruise on those, hit the aquarium (i have pix of this as well) and then hit the bay!!! when are you going???

sethspst

Are you going to rent a car? If you do, Hanama Bay is okay but Shark's Cove up on the North Shore is unreal. It's called sharks cove because of the shape.

gpyetiman

Thanks for the info. We will be in Honolulu from 6-22-06 to 6-26-06 and we will have a rental car. Is sharks cove safe for kids?