Attach rock rubble to egg crate options?

greenreefer

Are there any other options other than superglue, zip ties, or spray foam for attaching rock rubble to egg crate? I wanting to cover the equivalent of 1 full sheet with silver dollar sized pieces.

worrballer

Silicone, but that doesn't really work that well (I know from experience).
When I did my rock wall I did the silicone but found out that the foam holds it better. Place the rocks where you want and spray in between. If they move, you have some time to move them back before it hardens.
What's wrong with the other methods?

greenreefer

I want to attach the rubble to a free standing egg crate structure and foam even with rock embedded floats, it's a lot of rock to do with superglue and zip ties are very visible for a long time. I've used all of these in the past and foam was the best of the 3, but it really wants to float.

teresaq

I just did a piece of pvc pipe. I used super glue to hold the rock in place and then used silicone around each piece and added sand while it was still wet.
I siliconed an end cap to a piece of egg create, and buried it under the sand.
Its the piece in the center

T

worrballer

My old rock wall was the perfect fit so it was held under the lip of the rim. The bottom started to float so I wedged a piece of eggcrate on the bottom between the wall the the front glass. It was covered by the sand so I couldn't see it.

It helped that I made an arch that stuck out into the tank. But a bigger piece of eggcrate would work just the same.