Attaching frags with Super Glue Gel?

monalisa

How do I go about doing that? I've never done it...I have some Super Glue Gel on hand...and I have about 5 new frags on the way to put into my 46gal.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!
Lisa

str8salt

I brush the area I want to glue to with my saltwater tooth brush. It gets the algae etc. off of the area. Then its just glue, stick , hold for about 20 seconds and release. The glue will set up and the coral will grow over the blob of glue around the base.

coralreefer

Originally Posted by str8salt
http:///forum/post/2932344
I brush the area I want to glue to with my saltwater tooth brush. It gets the algae etc. off of the area. Then its just glue, stick , hold for about 20 seconds and release. The glue will set up and the coral will grow over the blob of glue around the base.
+1

C

calvertbill

Originally Posted by str8salt
http:///forum/post/2932344
+1
and since you're holding it in one place for a while you might want to think of latex gloves so you don't de-slime it (or leave any unwanted skin oil).

jackri

Not always as easy as it sounds, as the gel will sort of "setup" once it hits the water so not really that easy of a thing to do. I hate putting plugs in my tank and like to glue them right to rocks so you have to have a good glob and make sure it sticks.
For plugs you can put the gel on out of the water on a dry plug... quick take the frag end and put it in the glue then put it in water... submerged rocks is a bit tougher and messier with glue but not too bad.

monalisa

Thanks for all the great replies. My new frags should be arriving tomorrow...having them shipped to my work address. I'm getting some red mushrooms, blue mushrooms, and some really pretty green zoas...can't wait
these should add some really beautiful color.
Lisa