ATTN. Mr. Kipp or anybody with blue painted back!!

gixxer1000

IM getting ready to paint the back of my tank. What color is the back of yours kipp. I want to go with a light blue that really gives a nice bright color with the MH shimmer effect and all that good stuff. And for anybody else what color did you use and do you have any pics thanks.

tonya-sr

here's a picture of my reef, but i didn't paint it, i bought blue back ground paper 4 it 3 years ago.

gixxer1000

Yea i think im gonna give them a try the ones in the LFS. Do you have the light blue one or the one that fades from dark to light? Nice tank by the way.

salt-e

tonya-sr
you have the same tangs that I want for my tank. did you have to put them all in at the same time. I herd that they will fight if you don't. Is that true?

nm reef

Mine is painted black...I used a flat black latex on the back glass. I like the depth it provides(or the illusion of it anyway)...my display is just starting to clear from the addition of some southdown sand... within a few days I may be able to post a pic. I like the black over the blue simply for the personal appearence...but blue works real well too.I've seen several displays with blue backgrounds and I think it provides depthand a real good color contrast...I just prefer black...either works as far as I'm concerned.:thinking: