auquatraders brand light

corky66

is the 48 inch aquatrader light with 260 watts has 2 65watt 12k and 2 65watt act blue lights a good reliable light fix. has it had any history behind it good or bad. just read a little bout it all input appr. and welcome t.y.
panama kid

05xrunner

I have the 48" 760 2x205MH and 4x65 PC combo hood from them.
It works great. pretty much a copy of the coralife. I am pleased with it...Especially for the price.

corky66

it isnt one that has a fire hazzard is it . i was thinking of the coralife but for the price if its a safe reliable light sounds like just the ticket

05xrunner

LOL..sounds like you heard again from the peanut crowd..ALL that was long back when they where the old magnetic ballast and single power cord. People should really learn to speak more facts then just spitting out info from down the daisy chain. If people put things like a batch being bad and making the WHOLE product line bad....NO one would ever own a GM or FORD car/truck.
I also heard that fire wich was never really a fire was caused by the owner tinkering with the ballast himself.
Its a good light for the money. The ballast are electronic..They are not as effiecient as coralife or others. BUT they do a good job and you can always upgrade the ballast later on down the line if you want. Still puts you a good few hundred dollars under the cost of anything else configured the same setup.
Think of these as a good platform to start with, You can keep it the way it is and will serve its purpose great..OR you can change out the MH ballast and still save a TON of cash and get the SAME if not better output the other complete hood systems.

corky66

sounds great to me i think thats the light im gonna buy. did you say its good enough lighting for most corals and enenames

05xrunner

I have few SPS colonies and clam..its plenty of light..Well not the PC. thats only gonna cut it for softies and LPS..if you go with the MH fixture u can keep anything.

corky66

sounds great t.y. for all your input sounds like a good little setup,
so with the light im talking about it will support whatever calls for strong lighting but not what calls for vho lighting is that pretty much correct

05xrunner

wait..I am confused on what you want..the 4x65 PC light..Or the MH light...PC is not very strong light. VHO lighting is not strong either.

corky66

the light i was thinking of was the aquatraders 48 in, has 2 65watt 12k and 2 65 watt actinik blue lights 260 total wats

corky66

ok now were on the same page one more dumb ques. what are sps, clams im not wanting and anenomes not wanting the ones that take hard core lighting just a simple one for my clowns. infact allready have it so anenames arent my concern. but the softies and lps are ok right. now i just dont no what sps are once i get that ill no what light i need. after this ill stop bugging you but thanks a million for helping me out today

corky66

sounds great thanks again for all your help you just saved me about 200 big ones by the way nice pics. i cant seam to get my digital camera to take clear shots of my tank. but im working on it once again ty

corky66

sounds great thanks again for all your help you just saved me about 200 big ones by the way nice pics. i cant seam to get my digital camera to take clear shots of my tank. but im working on it once again ty

corky66

corky66

05xrunner

yea people try to give these lights a bad rap but that was in the past with the old design.
I had 2 Current fixtures before this and current makes a good product. This light seems to be very nice as well. I am very pleased with getting rid of those fixtures and getting this one.

joncat24

I have the odyssea fixture as well....72"metal halide
Awesome lights cant be touched for the money. I have had 3 different ones now on different tanks and all were and still are excellent.
buy one, save a few hundred for corals. get the metal halide and you can keep anythin you want in your tank