Auto top off acting up

devil dog

Hey has anyone had problems with there ATO mine is only working sometimes and sometimes the pump will kick on and the sensors are not call for it to turn on…

Any help...
I think it's time for a new one...

nietzsche

what top off is this? Im using the JBJ ATO and so far its been doing well in my tank
maybe the waves in the sump or tank are cuasing it to turn on or off? or maybe a snail on there?

devil dog

It's a JBJ and no there are no waves... i don't get it
it worked geate for the past six months and last week i changed my sump and now I'm haveing problems... do you have to keep the flots apart?

devil dog

Originally Posted by halcyon_diver
http:///forum/post/2590148
sounds like you need to adjust the floats, did you inspect them, make sure there is no build up on it
Yeah I did the only thing that I can think of is that I have them right together and in my old sump I had about 3" in-between them

yukon

Check your setting switch on the side of the ato to make sure your in the right mode and verify that your float lines didn't get crossed when it was moved to new sump.
Also Not sure if this will help or not but I recently bought one and was having issues with the ato locking up and pump not turning on. I origanally thought the thing was broke already. I checked there website and found more indepth instructions. Turns out that if you open the case for the main unit it has a dial for the amount of time the pump is allowed to run. Mine was set to 3 1/2 min of run time. If in that time it did not fill the sump area it would go into a pump save mode and not allow the pump to run anymore unless the I reset the unit. I endend up changeing mine to the middle range(7min) and it's working perfectly now.
OH YAH and you can turn off the annoying alarm that comes on every time it runs, also a internal switch

Hope this helps

devil dog

Originally Posted by yukon
http:///forum/post/2590415
Check your setting switch on the side of the ato to make sure your in the right mode and verify that your float lines didn't get crossed when it was moved to new sump.
Also Not sure if this will help or not but I recently bought one and was having issues with the ato locking up and pump not turning on. I origanally thought the thing was broke already. I checked there website and found more indepth instructions. Turns out that if you open the case for the main unit it has a dial for the amount of time the pump is allowed to run. Mine was set to 3 1/2 min of run time. If in that time it did not fill the sump area it would go into a pump save mode and not allow the pump to run anymore unless the I reset the unit. I endend up changeing mine to the middle range(7min) and it's working perfectly now.
OH YAH and you can turn off the annoying alarm that comes on every time it runs, also a internal switch

Hope this helps
Thanks
What do you have yours set on is it A or B?

yukon

I'm not at home to look but I'm pretty sure I have it on B.
sensor 1 is set as the high level
sensor 2 is set as at low level
and both are in the sump a inch apart

devil dog

Originally Posted by yukon
http:///forum/post/2590463
I'm not at home to look but I'm pretty sure I have it on B.
sensor 1 is set as the high level
sensor 2 is set as at low level
and both are in the sump a inch apart
ok thanks i will have to look when i get home...

grabbitt

This was probably already considered, but I have issues with my float valve being triggered when my turbo snails decide to mount themselves on it, leaving me to come home to a soggy carpet and an empty RO reservoir...

devil dog

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
http:///forum/post/2590525
This was probably already considered, but I have issues with my float valve being triggered when my turbo snails decide to mount themselves on it, leaving me to come home to a soggy carpet and an empty RO reservoir...
There is no way a snail could get to the floats... but thanks