Avitar

I found a really nice pic of me and my sweetie! We were at his oldest brothers wedding.......Im a dork I know but I am just learning how to do all this stuff! LOL

I just turned 30 yesterday
but thanks!!!!! I dont feel so young some days......after a long day of chasing three kids I only wish I could have their energy

veronicad

Love the picture; what a handsome couple!! You look very happy!
Don't worry about just learning to do this computer stuff; you're all way ahead of me!!!
BTW, getting OLDER
is fine; but getting old could be less fun.

HAHA!!

groupergenius

Originally Posted by NyButterfly03
http:///forum/post/2533578
I found a really nice pic of me and my sweetie! We were at his oldest brothers wedding.......Im a dork I know but I am just learning how to do all this stuff! LOL

If that's what dorks look like...I wish I knew more dorks.

thanks......I think!

And V, no picking on me for postin early

I have a kiddo that has a fever and isnt sleeping but luckily its just teeth he isnt sick
I guess I could go count ponies again huh????

veronicad

Oooo! I'm sorry for both of you. I hope the teeth cut through quickly so you can both get some rest!!
I didn't get much rest last night either; trying to register 4 my next term classes.....stayed up late and still couldn't get thru, so got up early this morn and finally got it all squared away. Whew!!
Well, off to school; TTYL

Thanks! I feel like a walking zombie after 2 nights of lil sleep but at least I was not alone Josh was up with us but he didnt fall back to sleep poor guy

So may I ask what u r going to school for??? U can PM if u dont want to anounce it to all.
Oh and when I was doing my water change on the fry tank last night I noticed I had 2 babies that passed, not sure why......it could be LOTS of things

maybe it wasnt such a good idea to change filters

veronicad

No secrets!! I'm going to school to become a surgical tech. For anyone who doesn't know, that's the person who sterilizes instruments, sets up the O.R. before surgery, and puts the gloves, gowns, etc on the surgeons and nurses. I've only just begun and won't be all the way into the OR until 2010, but by the end of this year I can start working in a hospital sterilizing instruments for the E.R. and O.R.
So, I'm really excited even though it's a LOT of homework!!! Today I'm pretty proud of myself for getting 105% on a medical terminology quiz I didn't feel confident about.

Sorry, by the way, about your little losses. Let me know if you track down a cause.
One quick question: when you do water changes, do you use specially purchased water? Or do you let a bucket of tap water sit overnight before mixing any salt?
Or what exactly?

Hey, by the way, with 35-55 people always on this forum, how come there's so little input? Everyone else seems so quiet!!
Catch up with you all later.

i agree it has been VERY quiet on here lately, I was just thinking that this morninig
Way to go on being a surgical tech u must be working ur tail off! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!
I do my water changes with either water from the adult tank or my 75g reef depending how late it is
Last night I used water from the 10g b/c at 1030pm I didnt feel like trecking to the living room hehe
the 10g and fry tank are in my bedroom!

veronicad

Then, what do you use to replenish the 10 and 75 gal? I need to know if I'll need to buy water or do something special to it besides mixing the salt? (since I won't have another tank to 'borrow' from!
)
Thanks for the encouragement; I am working really hard. Still, I think it should pay off in the end. Here's hoping, anyway!!
Well, it's a gloomy cold afternoon and I should study for tomorrow's lab quiz. On the other hand, I really want to go look for a LFS I found listed not too far away.....

I usually top off my 75 with fresh water let it sit & circulate for a bit and then I change the fry tank or my 10g........I will TRY to mix my water at least a day b4 I need it but sometimes I make it quick & use it the same day. I know everyone will yell at me for admitting that but whatever
Oh i got home tonight and I lost another baby

maybe I do need to put the heater in but I think if it WAS that I would have lost way more fry dont u????

veronicad

That sounds reasonable to me, but then again, I've got zero experience to draw from.
What about measuring the temp? Find out if it's close to what they need? What about the filter change? Could that be it? Is there good circulation? See, I really don't know.

So, that makes 3 lost? Or 5? I'm really sorry.
Hopefully this is the last of it. The oldest ones are, what, 3 weeks old? No, born the 9th?; only a little over 2 weeks?
Well, keep me posted. Hoping for the best for you.
BTW, where is everyone, seriously? I mean 63 viewing, 71 viewing, 42 viewing... and you and I seem to be the only ones talking. Where's Rykna? Suzy? ANYone?

Well, talk to ya soon!!

groupergenius

Originally Posted by veronicad
http:///forum/post/2535270
That sounds reasonable to me, but then again, I've got zero experience to draw from.
What about measuring the temp? Find out if it's close to what they need? What about the filter change? Could that be it? Is there good circulation? See, I really don't know.

So, that makes 3 lost? Or 5? I'm really sorry.
Hopefully this is the last of it. The oldest ones are, what, 3 weeks old? No, born the 9th?; only a little over 2 weeks?
Well, keep me posted. Hoping for the best for you.
BTW, where is everyone, seriously? I mean 63 viewing, 71 viewing, 42 viewing... and you and I seem to be the only ones talking. Where's Rykna? Suzy? ANYone?

Well, talk to ya soon!!

I think on this forum, it lists people as on when they really aren't. They just have not logged off.

With the filter accident I believe I have lost 4 bot I THINK my 4th make had a SMALL batch of fry b/c he isnt looking so preggo anymore
I did put the mini heater in last night but I have to get a new stick on thermometer b/c I only have an old glass one and am curious how accurate it is

Im leaning toward is being due to the filter change b/c this one is new and the one I was using is "cultured" I guess from it running on my pod tank
All looks well this morning....fry count last night was still above 45 so Im not too worried, I will just keep a close watch as always!!!

ci11337

Don't worry NY, my dad (mid 40's) just learned how to use the internet a few months ago.
He probably never would have learned at all if he didn't have to for work. On the other hand, my great aunt, (think shes in her 70's) does web page design.

I've also noticed it's been quite on hear lately.

rykna

THEME SONG GUY: she the hippest fish in creation...the queen from AAAAAA to ZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAHALALAH DAAHH TAAAAADAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Direct to you, from the tank.....Genie off thhhhheeeee fish tank...Thank you ....thank you...um...applause? hmmmmmmm....
tough crowd today.

lions_den

Hello
i just set up a 12gal nano for my dad and i do to as a project together.
he has always told me he has wanted a seahorse tank since he was my age
so thats what we decided to go with.
i have a 75 gallon lionfish specialty tank but i know doing seahorses is way different.
the tank has only been cycling for not even a week but ive been researching about seahorses for a while.
how many seahorse would be able to go in a 12 gal comfortably?
and what species would be cool.
i have a heater in there set at 76 degrees, is that sufficient?
i was told that if you turn your pump and power head off when feeding, it would be the best way to make sure they get enough food without having to chase it in the current.. true?
if you have any advic for me, it is much appreciated.
-Mike