AvP

chandler04

Hey, if u liked the alein movies and if u liked the predator movies, then "Alien vs. Predator" is up yer alley. It was AWESOME!! A really cool movie, exactly wat ud expect coming from the prequals and even MORE!! Im not gonna spoil anything, but lemme tell ya, go and see it. Youll love it:yes:

cartman101

I really want to see that movie! But my parents said i have to wait untill it comes out on video. Aren't they having a war beneath the surface of earth?:notsure:

condork12

hes actually 14 (its in his profile) the movie is pg13 so he should be in controll techincally. predator2 didnt suck also.

chandler04

Originally posted by renoaa
your right....blew

LOL, I have no comment, but that was funny. Was that the one with danny glover? If so then ya, it wasnt too great. No, there isnt a war underneath earth, and im not telling u wat it is or else people will yell. Hang on, yer parents wont let u see this movie, yer 14, old enough to see it, live in a rich neighborhood and have a sw tank? Yer already exposed to horrors, lol.
Y not see it? It is more "cool" than scary. Wasnt scary at all. Gory, yes. Scary, no.

moraym

********** MAY BE SPOILERS ***************
It wasn't even gory, stupid PG13 rating, an insult to the great movies past.
I own all the Alien and Predator movies, in high school and college read the Alien books (there's over a dozen in the series by now), and read both AVP books (now they were good ideas for movies).
And let me tell you, that was an insult. It was so damn short. And the story is eerily familiar, let's think, oh yeah, Arnold earned the Predator's respect too, way back in the first one. Not to mention in that one Arnold fools them by smearing mud on his body, yet the guy at the end of the tunnel in this one, covered in ice and cold snow, is seen in a heartbeat. Too many things didn't line up with the actual series past, and that's sad.
This movie has been years in the coming, and like most things hyped forever, it failed to deliver. Was it an okay popcorn movie, yes. Did it fail to meet the potential it had, absolutely.
The alien queen looked pathetic outside the tunnel, pretty weak CGI and shots, same with the Predator running. A few good shots, such as the slow-motion of the facehugger getting sliced in half via the Predator.
Overall, it was WAY too short with too few actual battles betweens the A/P. And it failed to meet the potential that fans have been waiting for. You kids were barely alive when they were in theaters, and most weren't even born for Alien. To see the original three in theaters, only to watch them make 4 and then this, series is headed downhill like Batman did. Go read the AVP books, I read the first two, and if you liked the movie, they'll knock you on your @$$. Hopefully AVP2 will resurrect the series to its potential, much the same way Batman 5 looks to do with new direction.
Now, flame away, but that's the opinion of an Alien and Predator fan who's read way too much, and even went so far as to write their own AVP text (god, I was hurting for things to write in high school).
****** END SPOILER **********************

moraym

maybe the Directors Cut on the DVD will make it sweet, add the extra footage that made this editted version seem so short and rushed.
(btw: Alien 3 finally released the Directors Cut, on DVD, 45 extra minutes, makes it a much better film, not that it didnt' kick @$$ already)

cartman101

Originally posted by renoaa
why do you have to wait until it comes out on video?

My parents dont really like going to the movie theater! Well i guess i can go by myself:notsure: AND NO IAM NOT 12.......15

chandler04

Dont u have any freinds to go the movies with? Do u have a social life?? U were right Moraym. They knocked off the predators way too quick, but the queen kicked A$$ outside imo. It was like Jurassic park all over again. I thought they were gonna pass by the due at the bottom of the tunnel as well, and they were... then ...SPLAT! I hope there is a directors cut for sure, and also, it was fairly gorry, although not as gorry as some. Which one was alien 3? The one wen they were at the jail? I was thinking there were gonna be massive amounts of aliens down there for the predators to kill, and they were gonna rule, and I WAS right in saying that the girl would survive. I thought it was awesome though, the way the predator befriended her. And wen the face hugger got him, I knew was was gonna happen in the end. It did have nice effects, but now that uve enlightened me, thats just like saying we were gonna go to mars, but we only made it to the moon.... Something like that. Well, tell me, which alien movie is the third? And I must say that that first battle between the predator and the alien was pretty sweet.

cartman101

Originally posted by Chandler04
Dont u have any freinds to go the movies with? Do u have a social life??

YES I HAVE FREINDS! And iam to see that movie tonight or tomorrow

moraym

Alien : Alien gets into the spaceship, Ripley tanks the ship
Aliens : The most popular of the series, tons of Aliens, marines go in there and get waxed, but the most known of the movies
Alien 3 : prison, alien comes out of a dog, creates a slightly different alien than the first two, I liked it, although some disagree.
Alien: Resurrection : sad, sad, sad.

chandler04

Yea, I figured that the facehuggers go to the humans and make a certain alien, go to a dog and makes a dog like one. Then, wen the one went to the predator, its gonna be one badass alien, lol. I think Ill haveta rent the 3rd alien, cuz I havent seen it in a while. ALIENS was great though. I liked how she got into that bot at the end and beat up the queen. I think that the creators of HALO got a bunch of ideas from that movie, cuz it was so reminiscent of many parts in the game that dealed with the marines. ALIENS had the most aliens too. Ressurection wasnt THAT bad, I thought it was good. It was kinda cool...

moraym

Aliens has inspired quite a bit. If you've played Starcraft to see a lot of similarities to Aliens and Predator. They use direct quotes from the movie Aliens too. Even Delta Force: Black Hawk Down has an Aliens quote here and there, it's pretty funny.

jokerswild

I loved avp! I think that only thing they could have done better is to add more avp fights. they could have added a little more to the movie as far as a story line but all in all I loved it, it was a long time coming!!!

chandler04

Yea, that first scene with the predators and aliens was barely enough to keep me satisfied. I didnt like how they got killed off so fast, but that one predator kicked some serious a$$. Yea, the alien moveis are great. They used to be scary to me, but now theyre just AWESOME!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
This movie sorta reminds me of the Aleins vs Predator book. If anyone read that. The series came out a long time ago.