Awesome Pictures by Accident

fishwife32

Was doing a 20% water change the other day and notice a great photo opportunity. The surface of the water was creating a fantastic reflection of my tank. Here are a few pictures. Enjoy :)

fishwife32

Yep I started with 2 that did really well with each other for about a month then one turned on the other and now I just have 1 :( I've had him for about 6 months now and he is doing great!

mr. limpid

That is great. What size tank do you have? What do you feed him or her? What are the other tank mates? Yep this is one of my favorite fish. No never had one read so much on how they don't survive, I hope yours lives a long and health life. I'll keep in touch to see how the Moorish is doing. I knew one other who has one, his trick was he lived on the east coast and harvested kelp and feed him that daily.

fishwife32

They're my favorite fish too!! That's how I (a beginner salt junky) ended up buying 2 even after hearing the horror stories. So glad I did even though I lost 1 of the 2. My tank is a 90gal reef however I just moved my Moorish all his friends and all my corals into 65gal hex today. The 90 had an under gravel filter in it that needed to come out :( beginner mistake. The Idol is a trooper he already ate since the move. He eats anything I feed him. Brine shrimp and Rods food is what he gets. As for tank mates I have a mated pair of clowns, 3 azure damsels, 2 banggai cardinals, 2 firefish gobies, a flasher wrasse, a spotted mandarin (who also eats prepared food like a champ) and a tiny banded goby.....Here are some pics i took today:

The 90gal before the move

and after the move

and the 65gal hex full to the brim :)

fishwife32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///t/394733/awesome-pictures-by-accident#post_3514236
That is great. What size tank do you have? What do you feed him or her? What are the other tank mates? Yep this is one of my favorite fish. No never had one read so much on how they don't survive, I hope yours lives a long and health life. I'll keep in touch to see how the Moorish is doing. I knew one other who has one, his trick was he lived on the east coast and harvested kelp and feed him that daily.
Mr. Limpid...I keep checking this tread to see if you read and responded to my reply :( Maybe you never saw that i replied?