AWWW my fish hate me

fishkid2

Ok I know that clowns like to bite there owners to protect their corals and aquarium. Which what mine does.
Now my bicolor blenny is doing that.
I'm just cleaning the tank and the clown is rubbing against me and biting me. Then th blenny just pops out of no where and bites me and goes right back into the rock. That little punk.
Do any of your fish bite you other then a clown?

matt b

Originally Posted by fishkid2
http:///forum/post/2539966
Ok I know that clowns like to bite there owners to protect their corals and aquarium. Which what mine does.
I'm just cleaning the tank and the clown is rubbing against me and biting me. Then th blenny just pops out of no where and bites me and goes right back into the rock. That little punk.
My clowns LOVE me!! I will turn off the powerheads to feed the tank and I can pet them and hand feed them and they will even pop there little heads out of the water when I take my hand out. My wrasse is starting to warm up to me petting him to. But my bicolored blennie is a little baby! hes scared of the canopy opening lol

sepulatian

My fuzzy lion swims, as fast as his fins can take him, to my hand every time it goes into the tank. My hand = food. I hand feed my guys. He has not stung me yet. I turn my hand, so my palm faces him. He sees that nothing is here and swims, sadly, away.

bugsy

Originally Posted by fishkid2
http:///forum/post/2539966

coral keeper

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2540075
My clowns LOVE me!! I will turn off the powerheads to feed the tank and I can pet them and hand feed them and they will even pop there little heads out of the water when I take my hand out.
Same here lol

alix2.0

my clowns used to bite me, untill they got sick and one died. now im pretty sure the other one is brain damaged, and just kind of lurks in her corner all day.

txfishman

i have a paddle fin wrasse and if my hand hit the tank water he bites! He has taken a chink out before! the little but hole

fishkid2

I also forgot. When I had a longhorn cowfish when I put my hand in the tank he thought my fingers were food and he would bite them.
Also i had a salfin tang in my aquapod only because my other tank was having difficultys. I tryed to get him out and put him back in the tank after I fixed the problem. I tryed to use my hand to foce him towards the net and he bite me and made me bleed.

kthomas

my bicolor blenny used to bite me too...i think he's just used to me now...or maybe the clowns let him know i feed them.

matt b

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2541085
my clowns used to bite me, untill they got sick and one died. now im pretty sure the other one is brain damaged, and just kind of lurks in her corner all day.
That poor widow

shrimpi

my bicolor blenny bites my forearm whenever Im in the tank... I thought he may bite my fingers but nope! he gets me underside of the forearm where the skin is thin and sensitive. It hurts like crap
Jess

Well the bi color blennies WILL do that cause theyll protect there territory so no they dont hate you its just a show of protection

E

emeralcrab

My three spot domino damsel is the meanst fish around. I have to put the net in the tank and use it to keep it away from me when I have to do something in the tank. I am going to catch him and take him back. He was the size of a quarter when I got him. He is now about 3-4 " and I don't like being attacked anymore.

crome

One of my clowns bite me its so cool.I'm sure if he could talk he's telling me to get the hell out my house LOL..