b4 and after shots of tank crash

nycbob

here r some pics for comparison. the 1st three pics show the tank after 2 1/2 years. the last show the current state. i am in the process of obtaining some new sps to grow out again. i really miss my green cap bc he was a money maker at the lfs during trade-in.

kjr_trig

Wow, 4th picture looks aweful, so sorry to hear about the crash.

Still an awesome tank Bob, of course I prefer softies and LPS to SPS.

nycbob

thanx. i am sad over the dead sps of over 2 years. it was a lot of effort during that time. i finally know what it felt like for people who saw their tank crashed over night. i still recalled my eyes getting very wide as soon as i got home after the cruise. i couldnt believe the whiteness inside my tank. funny my fowlr, the one i barely care for, remained unscathed during all this time.

btldreef

Wow! Sorry to see the loss of all that SPS! I'm not going to lie though, it's still a nice looking tank and I can't wait to see what you do with it now that you have room again.

speg

well.. that really sucks--sorry.
The first thing on my mind when I saw pic #1 was "fragging time!"... I'd die a happy man if I had a tank half that good.. at least you've been there... you can rebuild.

rlablan

I saw the thread title and thought "oh no.. brace yourself. These pics are gonna be tragic"... And now... I just feel really really bad about myself. Tank crash indeed.
Don't feel too bad. Your tank will forever be immortalized as the background of my laptop. No really... your FTS from like 8 months ago is my background and I love it.

pirates

Sorry to hear what had happend to you WoW thats a nightmare to come home and that happen i fear that one day i have had that happen to me once my el. when off and some one stolen my gen. thats not fun to come home some one take your gen. and you lose your tank because of some stupid person if the gen was still there my tank would have been there to that was on my 55 gallon lost all my fish but my two clowns and two chromis and my cardinals lost one cardinal still have my three lost my sea urchin most all my corals talk about being made not to bad at least your gen. was not stolen that made your tank crash

i loved your tank and all the sps that you had in your tank you are my first friend on here saltwaterfish looking forward to seeing some new sps in your tank
do you know what happed to the tank?

nycbob

i think the fact the skimmer broke down along with a foxface dying, contributed to water deterioriation. i just placed an order for some sps frags. i will post pics later in the week. in a funny way, i kinda like the fact i get to redo part of the tank again.

pirates

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3276546
i think the fact the skimmer broke down along with a foxface dying, contributed to water deterioriation. i just placed an order for some sps frags. i will post pics later in the week. in a funny way, i kinda like the fact i get to redo part of the tank again.
Can't wait to see