baby clown trigger?

K

kpatrick

How big is the clown trigger? Have you tried mysis shrimp?

srfisher17

Originally Posted by 3stripedamsel
What do these guys eat as a baby?
thanks ..please advise
They should eat just about anything meaty and the right ize. The mysiss suggestion is a good one; also try frozen formula one, bits of fresh shrimp (Maybe soaked in selcon). These little guys should easy to feed; in time, they'll try to eat your fingers.

sepulatian

What do these guys eat as a baby?
thanks ..please advise
Clown triggers have a VERY high mortality rate if they are purchased as babies. Buy a larger juvenile, adolescent or adult.

I didn't buy it, my gf brought it. Anyway he doesn't seem to like the raw shrimp too much, I'm going to get some selcon.
how does selcon work?
thank you

srfisher17

I didn't buy it, my gf brought it. Anyway he doesn't seem to like the raw shrimp too much, I'm going to get some selcon.
how does selcon work?
thank you
Sepulatian is right about baby CTs. If they are at least 1'' long, I guess it would be considered a juvi- they usually have a yellow snout. But as long as you already have it lets get it eating.Selcon is a vitamin supplement with some some stuff in it that seems to often get finicky fish to eat. How big is this fish? Won't he eat frozen mysiss or brine shrimp ? Did your GF see it eat at the lfs? How is the fish acting? Are you experienced with this type of fish? The more you tell us, the more we can help.

Sorry I miss this post, I return the fish. Had no choice didn't want it to grow up and kill everything . They just gave my gf a 4 dollar ocean one formula but I didn't care.
It was eating after 3 days for those that are interested, it ate everything.
thank you

trigger29

crill or silversides really almost anything just break it into small pieces for him before you put the food in your tank