Baby Names!!!!

jerth6932

I am having a huge disigrement with the "hater" about a baby boy name. Please vote to tell me weather on not you think "Rome" is a good name for a baby boy. Just vote please ...... which ever way this goes one of us will win!!!

bs21

personally i'm not a fan of children being named after places or inanimate objects but that is just me ..........so hope i didn't offend but u asked

jerth6932

Originally Posted by bs21
personally i'm not a fan of children being named after places or inanimate objects but that is just me ..........so hope i didn't offend but u asked

I asked for the opinion, so not I cant get mad!!! But Alot of names come from paces or inantimate objects..... look at alot of their meanings!
Thx for your vote though!!!

jerth6932

Originally Posted by imareefer
Sounds ok... my sons name is Brayden James and my daughters name is Brooklynne Raine
Keep the orignal names comming!!!! We like originality!!!! And don't forget to vote!

jerth6932

Originally Posted by MikeGray
Nemo
I have considered that...... But we are doing the newborn room in "nemo", with a 12G Nano, with a single nemo in there!!!!!

keith burn

Originally Posted by Jerth6932
I am having a huge disigrement with the "hater" about a baby boy name. Please vote to tell me weather on not you think "Rome" is a good name for a baby boy. Just vote please ...... which ever way this goes one of us will win!!!
Have a look at this site http://www.talkingbabies.com/boy-names/Rome

crimzy

When my wife was pregnant, she liked the name "Hunter". I wasn't a big fan of it personally but it is unusual.

nw2sltfsh

My daughter is named Cheyenne - I love orginal names but I was voted down when I wanted to name my Son either Cody, Dakota or anything orginal - so his name is John
According to the hubby it is easier for a girl to have an orginal name then a boy to have a different sounding name during the teenage years and beyond
Although my husband wanted to go with James Tiberius (he almost got it too until 1 day before a scheduled C-section I was informed by a friend that it is Captian Kirks name)

S

sarah fair

Well I like it but you have to think about your kid...and other kids. You have to think of the names they will call him. Right now I cant think of a way to think of making fun of it but Im sure some obnoxious kid will
I named my son Beau Bradley...I liked Beau and his daddy liked Bradley and of course Im the one going through all this so I get to pick the first name..of course

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by NW2SLTFSH
According to the hubby it is easier for a girl to have an orginal name then a boy to have a different sounding name during the teenage years and beyond

he's right. while its cool to have your son/daughter with a funky name, do not forget that they have to get through middle and high school. and although its only 6-7 years of your life that they would have to endure torture and name calling, its perhaps 6-7 of the most important years.
jonathan davis of "Korn" named his son "pirate", and gweneth paltrow named her daughter "apple"
their poor kids are going to suffer severe mental trauma in the years to come.

keleighr

Alaijha (Ahhhhhh Layyyyyyy Shaaaaaaa) Caitlin Actually the Shaaaa is more of a Jhaaa (they Rhyme Shaaa (a is pronounced Uhhhhh)
Jaylah Lanae
Damari William
I like Unique. Rome is unique.

rberhow

Hmmm, just doesn't have sound right to me
Of course, I like unique names for every other kid i guess.....
Vianna
Adam
Caeden
:notsure:

ruaround

I dont like it... reminds me of Jim Rome... with a name like Rome you are bound to get burned...
how about Sean Penns son...Hopper... or Michael Jacksons son ... Blanket... or all of the Zappa Children...Moon Unit, Ahmid and Dweezel... If you are rich or famous perhaps, but the adolesent years could be trying...as if they arent enough already...

farmboy

My sister was a "Days" fan. Roman was a character on there. If Rome is short for Roman, then I'm all in favor. Rome by itself. . . .Ok. (you know Roman would be shortened to Rome for a nick name anyway)

alyssia

Originally Posted by imareefer
Sounds ok... my sons name is Brayden James and my daughters name is Brooklynne Raine
I loved Brooklyn but my hubby vetoed that. We also liked Brayden for a boy but we already have a Brenden.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Jerth6932
I have considered that...... But we are doing the newborn room in "nemo", with a 12G Nano, with a single nemo in there!!!!!

That sounds REALLY cute!