Back in the Game

rhomer

Well after years of barely doing maintenance the past 2 years I'm back 100%. I got the plumbing and sump re-built and a new skimmer. After 3 weeks of water changes and 0 nitrates 0 phosphates 350 calc and 8.0 alk I have made my first real purchase in 2 years. I have added a fire shrimp, 2 monti frags, a green carpet anemone, star polyps, a sally lightfoot crab, and a copperbanded butterfly. I added these over the past week.
Based on my calcs I really only added load from the anemone and butterfly, so I plan on adding a pair of clowns and possbly a flame after I alter my powerheads, and give my tank some time to settle in. If everything goes smooth I'm thinking the begining of march to look at the last of the livestock. After that it's nothing but corals.
Currently I have a hippo about 3 years, a stupid damsel my wife bought, a engineer goby, and a copperbanded butterfly. I have a cleaner shrimp, a pistol shrimp( 4years started in a 7 gallon bow), a coral banded shrimp, probably 60 assorted hermit crabs, an efflo about the sized of small plate in 2 layers, a monti frag long gone that is encrusting again, about 200 xenia stalks, and a yellow plate coral the size of a medium sized diner plate. I will start posting pics to show a time series and show off my new mates.

Rob