back your stuff up

autofreak44

well my harddrive just got fried in my mac so $250 dollars, 2000 songs, and 8000 pictures later i learned my lesson. take it from me, back up the important stuff on your computer

teresaq

It happend to me too, I lost most of my family pictures, and all my seahorse pictures. Hubby bought me an external hard drive, now I back up everything.

grabbitt

My step-dad decided to re-format my hard drive back when I was in high school one time before I converted everything over to my laptop.
For this reason, I bought an 80 gig external hard drive, so I can do everything with more ease.
...Then my 80 gig hard drive got 0wned by a power surge.
Now I have two copies of the important stuff... One goes on my new laptop, and the other goes on my 500 gig hard drive

...Most annoying lesson ever learned

grabbitt

By the way, this isn't really the proper place to have this thread.. Mods might move it to The Aquarium.

autofreak44

hmm yeah fer sher its annoying and costly. the im not certain how it got out of alignment but thats what the guy said the probleme was... and i thought i posted it in the aquarium... oh well
yuppers it is kinda fun to get all the software and run updates and stuff its like revisiting how happy i was when i got the computer

tangman99

Now wait a darn minute? Someone is actually admitting that something went wrong with a MAC? Tizzo is never going to believe it.

miaheatlvr

Just a little tidbit, IM sure it does happen, NOTHING electronical is failsafe especially computers and laptops, BUT I am a photo producer(everything is shot digitally these days) and not only rent out MAC laptops to clients but own 3 personally with 5 more to rent out, and have been using MACS for business for about 7 years and personally since grade school with the APPLE 2+. 25yrs ago. lol I have NEVER had any kind of HARDRIVE or HARDWARE problem(probably 20+ laptops?) but there have been numerous software problems here and there. That being said I always back-up my personal files. Just in case.

shogun323

Crazy IT Secret - If you have a hard drive failure depending on why it died you may be able to recover your data.
If your hard drive fails, place it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer (Yes, I said freezer) for 24 hours. Then place the drive into an external usb enclosure and boot it up. Often they will work for a couple hours which should be long enough to copy your data over.
~wade

perfectdark

Also... there is one that I know of and probably more too. Norton Antivirus to be specific one of their subscription services comes with 10GB off site storage per account. One of the functions of the all inclusive virus protection package is auto back ups of your entire PC or just certain files and folders designated by you. IMO one of the best add ons to an anti virus package thus far. And for $79 a year its easy to justify.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by shogun323
Crazy IT Secret - If you have a hard drive failure depending on why it died you may be able to recover your data.
If your hard drive fails, place it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer (Yes, I said freezer) for 24 hours. Then place the drive into an external usb enclosure and boot it up. Often they will work for a couple hours which should be long enough to copy your data over.
~wade

Shhh!!! You can't give away all our secrets!!!

hattrick58

I bought a WD 250 GB external HD over a year ago for under $100.00. I back EVERYTHING up, Mac & PC. Storage is so cheap, you can't afford not to.

shogun323

Originally Posted by DragonZim
Shhh!!! You can't give away all our secrets!!!
heheheeee Oh yeah........ I mean. Hard drive restoration is ALWAYS a complex process consisting ot removing existing platters in a sterile environment and mounting them onto new heads. Run ya at least a few grand!!!!!!

autofreak44

Originally Posted by TangMan99
Now wait a darn minute? Someone is actually admitting that something went wrong with a MAC? Tizzo is never going to believe it.
i wouldnt even admit it untill now but it was actually a seagate drive that failed (although it was still the origional from when i bought the computer)... i am still a

[hr]
mac supporter

dragonzim

heheheeee Oh yeah........ I mean. Hard drive restoration is ALWAYS a complex process consisting ot removing existing platters in a sterile environment and mounting them onto new heads. Run ya at least a few grand!!!!!!
Yeah, thats better!!!

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by autofreak44
i wouldnt even admit it untill now but it was actually a seagate drive that failed (although it was still the origional from when i bought the computer)... i am still a

[hr]
mac supporter

See TM, their STILL better than pc's. haha

scotts

~wade
Now who was the first one that thought of this??? Let me see I have a dead HD, not sure what to do with it....awwww what the heck I will put it in the freezer for a day and see if that helps.......