background and canopy paint?

nemo lover

what is the best paint to use for painting backgrounds? I always used stick on. I would like to have a more perfesional look?
I also need to paint my canopy white
.... or figure out some sort of one piece reflector for my canopy on a 2.5 pica
if I paint it white whats a good brand?
any ideas on a reflective surface that would fit in a small area?

benter

Hey I used to live in port saint lucie !!! I used just krylon for my background , worked just fine...

benter

I used to live by the tunpike off of psl blvd....David terrace.. wasn't into fish at the time ..but there is a store on midway..seascapes I think it's called...and supposedly..saltwaterfish.com...is supposed to be over there..in fort pierce..let me know if it really is and if they will allow you to p/u items...look in the coming soon section..been coming soon for over a year though now...guess it depends on what the definition of "soon" is...

nemo lover

well im just a little ticked off with the one off Midway. My husband went in there to get sw and they sold him a clown fish for a 2.5 gallon tank. I was hot. krylon is that spray paint? Are you looking for used supplies? Like what? I will keep my eyes out, and i will ask next time I go there, I also have some stuff im getting rid of.

haze123

krylon spray paint is dope. I use to be a graffiti writter back in the day and it sticks to just about anything but watch out if your useing a dark color like black or dark blue, it can be very thin in dark colors. If you use Krylon spray paint try and use lighter colors or do very thing cotes one at a time. Also Walmart brand spray paint if amazing! it goes on thick every time and it sticks well. Just make sure when you paint that you do it out side lol in doors is not a good place. Also tape off the sides of your tank so you dont have paint sprayed every where.
-Chris

benter

Yeah..I wasn't really impressed with them the one time I stopped by there as well..they wanted $35.00 for some algae :scared: ..what do you have that you are wanting to get rid of?? I'm over there quite often.. 920 valley lane, Fort Pierce is where saltwaterfish.com is supposed to be..let me know if you get by there sometime..I would like to check it out!!Stay in touch...

nemo lover

I didn't know that I was MIA for this site for about 7 months, and now that im back Im lost. lol I have alot of stuff from my 55 give me an e-mail on what your looking for and I will let you know what I have. mballin2@bellsouth.com