background color for appearance

giants4pc

What color do you choose for overall tank appearance?
Black
Blue
Not painted...letting coraline do its' work
I had a sort of bright blue and peeled it off today. I kind of like the look of no color. It's an in-wall display so it's kind of cool seeing through it. However, I tried a small portion in black and that looks nice too. I've gathered that most people prefer black. What do you think looks the best. Pictures always help.

payton 350

i had the blue but really like the black much better, i am also letting the back glass cover with corraline algae too...i like the look better

psusocr1

BLACK.. if you want to bring out bright color inf ish and corals blacvk is the only way to go!

chipmaker

Black or Black..either one is the best choice IMHO.
I did see a tank which had its back panel painted with a sponge in a variety of colors, ranigng from blues to purples to black to gray and even some greens and it sort of resembled a huge piece of live rock for the back ground especially with the textures the sponge made.

team2jndd

Originally Posted by giants4pc
What color do you choose for overall tank appearance?
Black
Blue
Not painted...letting coraline do its' work
I had a sort of bright blue and peeled it off today. I kind of like the look of no color. It's an in-wall display so it's kind of cool seeing through it. However, I tried a small portion in black and that looks nice too. I've gathered that most people prefer black. What do you think looks the best. Pictures always help.
Does this mean you can see the tank from either side of the wall? If so dont paint it thats alot cooler.

maelv

Originally Posted by team2jndd
nevermind I checked the link. Thats a sick tank. Very jelous.
Thanks, hope to get it up and running in the near future.... ***)

joncat24

Originally Posted by maelv
Thanks, hope to get it up and running in the near future.... ***)

when you do , make sure to load up on the pics.....thats one sweet piece of work.....

reef diver

Does the tank go into two diff rooms, or is it backed by a wall loike a picture frame, not a window?, but otherwise i say black

1knight164

This is what I did. I bought one of those two-sided plastic backing from LFS and tried dark blue for a week, then switched to black for a week. Chose black. Makes the tank look deeper and brings out the color of fish and coral.

reef diver

I prefer no background BTW, mainly because I kept having water get behind the backing, and the lines of salt were UGLY!

1knight164

Originally Posted by Reef Diver
I prefer no background BTW, mainly because I kept having water get behind the backing, and the lines of salt were UGLY!
I ran a long strip of clear packaging tape across the top to prevent that from happening.

shogun323

Originally Posted by xDave
The darker the background the more vibrant the fishes colors will be.
I agree with Dave. Black is the way to go!

Originally Posted by Reef Diver
I've always spray painted... that keeps such problems from happening.

S

surfinusa

black is the best,the best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best

anonome

I have a blue background, but I was anal at the beginning of the 125g...Now I just let the tank do its thing.....I still like blue. Spray painted it, and love it.