Bad advise from the LFS...

T

tizzo

Go ahead vent, you know you want to. Post all the "bad" advice from the LFS that you've recieved in quick sentence or two, posts. O.K. I'll start
(From the same guy) "Don't read books, or search the internet they are to contradicting. And yes you can put that Sailfin and the Yellow Tang in your 90 Gal, they won't get any bigger than they are now, (6" sailfin, 2" Yellow), that book your holding is wrong!!"

30gal

Just buy a bunch of damsels to cycle your tank, they'll die, but they are cheap and it will cycle faster. Then you can buy something you want.
Mandarin are easy to take care of, who told you they are hard?
:scared: :eek:
Of course I didn't follow either advice!

bsktmom

Yes, you can do hypo in your display tank. No, it won't kill the inverts & corals. Just take it slow. Luckily I have this board to know that is not true.

akinda

Ick will live in your tank even after letting it empty for 30 days w/o fish. Its in the water.
dont declorinate your water the salt will do it for you.( this one i followed when i first started my tank and all my fish died)

saltywhit67

Yes, you can put a yellow tang in your 15 gallon, he will be fine for at least a couple years.
-followed this for about 9 months then went to a 75

kittykitty

wait I've got the best one:
yeah you can put goldfish in with brackish puffers in a ten gallon. they will get along fine.
(this wasn't told to me, this was a customer that came into my store telling me what Jack's another LFS had told them)
i've heard everything... goldfish are more nutritious than frozen food because they are alive... etc. etc. terrible terrible crap.

scotts

You have a problem? Here this $20 bottle of chemical will solve it.
Here use this $20 bottle of something to keep your water crystal clear.
I can't believe how much I literally poured into my tank
Scott

razoreqx

I remember ...
" Im starting a SW aquarium and want to get setup.. Can you show me all the BEST equipment i need to get started?
**Its been in the garage now for over a year**

|2ain

when i first started i was told that the cowfish was reef safe, well hes not, he loves to eat my reef!

freeride7

Q : How long after I mix the salt and start the tank can I add fish?
LFS : A day or two after.
Needless to say I found this board and let my tank properly cycle for 5-6 weeks first!!

blackomne

I will order it for you, it will be in next week.
-Classic Example
Are those aiptaria in those tanks?
Yes you are going to get them no matter what you do.
"Well that right if you believe that, and buy from them"

kittykitty

I would say either lowes or home depot, they are all over in cincy, but I've never used it myself so I've never gone looking for it.