BAD CRAB, GOOD CRAB

raderman

I AM PLANNING ON GETTING THE FIVE ROCK MUSHROOM PACKAGE FROM THIS SITE. MY QUESTION, WILL SCARLETTS, BLUE HERMITS, AND EMERALD CRAB BE COMPATABLE UNDER THIS SETTING? I SAY YES, BUT I WANTED TO BE SURE! :rolleyes:

burnnspy

I don't recommend blue legged hermits and I would only keep 1 emerald crab for each 30gal of tank space.
BurnNSpy

alianated

Ok Burn... then before I go buy my next dozen crustaceans.. what DO you suggest?
I thought that emeralds were fine (heard the stories already about the blues though)
Should I just toss in more Scarlets?
You have any other suggestions besides the scarlet hermits?
alianated

@knight

my favorite crab is the scarlet reef crab, they are non-agressive and reef safe. they only eat the stuff you dont want in your tank.

kappadoku

Whats so bad about blue legged hermits? I can really say Ive never seen them do anything bad, except a really big one, like bigger than a quarter, killed and ate an astrea snail, because I didnt have a large enough shell for him to upgrade to.
Please explain yourself Burn'N

nm reef

I'm wondering about burns position also......I've got 20 blue leg..20 red leg..40 lil reef hermits....20-30 astro snails and a few assorted other snails.....all mixed in with several polyps..mushrooms..closed & open brain..frogspawn..bubble..hammer...you get the pic....thing is none of the crabs....(forgot 2 emeralds & 1 sally)...none of them have bothered anything that I've noticied...'cept one of the blue legs makes like a ballerina and dances across the front of the tank on its head(weird)