Bad luck with clowns?

jcarroll

So, I was just wondering if there any other clown grim reapers out there. I swear, I LOVE those fish, and obviously my kids do too, but no joke....I have had 5 clownfish over the years and NONE of them have survived! It's CRAZY! The first two were my very first two fish cuz hey! They're supposedly the most hardy and great first timers fish, right?...So, then a year or so later after I KNEW my tank was established and ready for some nice pricey maroon clowns that I loved. Well, they died too! So, just bought my last one, the 5th a few days back, always have acclimated them right, with drip acclimation, and guess what??? you guessed it! He died last night! Why do they hate me so much??? It's nuts cuz I have about 10 other fish in the tank and they're all happy go lucky.....so I was just curious if I was the only one out there with this problem.

fishyfun2

I am new, but I know a certain LFS here hasn't been able to keep very many clowns alive during the past 6 months. They have had really bad luck with them and are switching vendors soon. All their other fish are fine and healthy, just the clowns dying within like 2 weeks of them acclimating. So maybe your not the only one.

i aquired a oscoleris clown from my cousin and he had tryed killing it and still it servived!
so he said he was going to flush it and i said ill take it if you dont want it, he had some awfull water perams i was surprised the fish servived,the salinaty was over 1.032 and he like never fed it either,so now it is a very happy fish,i am planing to get it a new friend here really soon,oh and maroons are harder to keep then the false perculas,aka oscoleris clown,i am thinking that the fish you got were wild caught there for were not used to tank conditions,next time choose an aquacultured fish also known as tank raised
hope this helps

jcarroll

The crazy part is, I bought the first two clowns at one LFS, then the next two in Denver, then the most recent one back in Indiana at a totally different one. So, surely out of those three, atleast one has been tank raised......oh well, mystery lives on....atleast i learned my lesson about ever buying one again

mr.clownfish

Originally Posted by Jcarroll
http:///forum/post/2955156
The crazy part is, I bought the first two clowns at one LFS, then the next two in Denver, then the most recent one back in Indiana at a totally different one. So, surely out of those three, atleast one has been tank raised......oh well, mystery lives on....atleast i learned my lesson about ever buying one again
thats what i said. i would never buy anymore, because mine kept on dieing. i went through at least 10 clowns. i found out that my perimeters where really messed up and started over. now i have 2 sets of mated clown fish.

tring to breed them. but no luck