bad skimmer?

saltywhit67

I have a visi-jet skimmer and i saw that someone on the board had one and said it was the biggest mistake of his life!! I havent had any problems w/ mine but i also dont have any experience with and other skimmers. Why is the visi-jet considered bad? Should i get a new skimmer? What kind?

dreeves

When new...i bought a visi-jet...no matter what i did i had air bubbles in the water and no skimate in the cup...now it collects dust and co
ebs...now I use 2, 30 inch Kent Nautilus EX skimmers...

saltywhit67

so, is it bad to have a lot of air bubbles in the tank? mine does fill the wastecup a couple of times a day - sometimes

norcalreef

Your skimmer shouldnt fill up with that much skimmate in a day. The skimmate should be dark green, close to black, and smelling nasty.
I have not seen these skimmers in action if there is a way to adjust it to get it to skim properly it would be the best thing to do.

saltywhit67

I bet i have filled and emptied the cup on that visi jet 7 times in one day.i think i am just gonna get a different one. i found a good deal on a sea clone 100. anyone have any experience with these? good/bad?

zap800

i had a visijet and i had a ton of bubles in the tank. i played with it for 2 days a then took it back. i got a red sea prizm and the thing works like a champ. i only paid like 69 dollars for it. (it was on sale). plus it doesnt fill up my tank eighther