BAK-PAK 2R Skimmer?

aries7

Would like to know if anyone out there has tried one of these skimmers and what they thought of them? I need one that will fit back of tank and I only have about 6" of head room because of oak canopy so choices are few!

aries7

My tank is a 55gal., just wanted some imput from others that have used it, thought it might save me some greif if I asked before I bought!!

harris

I got one with the bio bale not the reef set up on my reef tank. It is a 30 gallon one. It works great 8 months no problems.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Remora skimmers are very compact and perfect for limited spaces for hand on the back skimmers. I can't personally endorse them, as I have not tried it, but I am considering this one as a skimmer due to its "compact" nature.

jtirone

I have a 2r and love it. I almost never get bubbles in my tank from it. The only time I had a problem was when it got REALLY dirty. I cleaned out the return reservior and have not had a problem since.
It operates at a low sound level. You can hear it, but it is not obnoxious. It does a wonderful job cleaning out the tank.
It does take about a week before it starts pulling stuff out of the tank.
The 2r is supposedly better with the amount of bubbles that it returns to the tank.
Also, I have a 54 gallon tank.
[This message has been edited by jtirone (edited 10-28-2000).]

aries7

Thanks for all the input on the Bak-Pak 2R, I ordered one yesterday along with a Rainbow Lifegard modular filter system! I hope this will be the system I have been looking for, not much else left to try! Thanks again, I have gotten a lot of good info off here and I have found that it is better to ask before you leap!!