Bakpak 2R?

asbury030

Ok I want to buy the cpr Bakpak 2R Skimmer but i want to know Will i still need to buy a bubble trap?
Or should i just buy the Bakpak 2 Skimmer and get the internal bubble trap?

I have the 2R with the bubble trap and preskimmer combo box. Very happy with it.
:D

adamz

bak paks are not bad skimmers. they pull a lot of gunk out and run good all of the time i odnt trust any other skimmer

Originally posted by Asbury030
well ive heard alot of bad stuff about the Bakpaks

Like what? :notsure:
The only problems I have ever had with my Bak Pak were user error type problems (i.e. poor maintenance, etc.)
Other than that it does a great job.

flatzboy

I have the bakpak 2r with preskimmer, bubble trap combo and
I can't say enough about and the price is good.:yes:

reefmad

Bakpak2 is my top choice and reasonable price. If you do the regular maintance on the skimmer you will be pleased.

shoreliner11

What size of tank is this over? I have a bakpak 2 and I am very pleased with it. I even put 2 airstones in it to increase the amount of bubbles in the chamber. It has increased skimming a bunch and I can't say anything bad about the skimmer.

goatfish

The bakpak works well. I've had mine for 3 years and it is wonderful for moderate size tanks for the price. I would ditch the preskimmer, bubble trap, but also the rio pump that comes with it. Ditch the rio and get the maxi jet with a venturi set up. It works much better.

flatzboy

SHORELINER HOW DID YOU PUT AIRSTONES IN YOUR BAKPAK. i WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT BUT i AM NOT SURE HOW YOU HOOK THEM UP. i JUST HAVE THE SINGLE AIRLINE TUBING THAT CONNECTS TO THE POWERHEAD TO MAKE AIR. ALSO MY COLLECTION CUP KEEPS SLIDING DOWN, dOES YOURS EVER DO THAT OR IS IT JUST THEWATER LEVEL MOVING UP AND DOWN INSIDE THE SKIMMER? oTHER THEN THAT COU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS SKIMMER.

asbury030

Well a bunch of people i have talked to said to save a little more money and buy the AquaC remora because they say its worth it.

c130bubba

I run a bak pac 2 with 1 preskimmer and bubble trap. seems to work great. No complaints from me. I have a huge bio load in my reef tank and everything runs fine

johnny5

I have a remora with an MJ1200, if I agressively skim I can pull about 2 cups of some stinky stuff per day. So with confidence I can say that the remora's are great. But it probably is overkill on the smaller setups.. If you keep up the maintenance on a bakpak you should have no problems.
Btw: the maintenance on a remora is the same, if not more. I brush the spray nozzle about every month. And I have to empty the collection cup daily if I skim aggressively.
The overflow box for the remora sucks too btw.. just letting you know the grass is not always greener.