bakpak skimmer

funkyman

My son has a Bakpak on his 30, and I have the dual Bakpak on my 50. They both work very well and are quieter than the Remora I had.

chingchong

i have a bakpak2r with the bubble/surface skimmer combo box... i got really quiet once I put the combo box on ... and it keeps the surface of the water clean, and pull a bunch of junk out ... i empty a full cup every 3 days (about)

divetroop

Excellent skimmer. It works very well and you can see the results right away. It really does take out a lot of the junk away. Just make sure you correctly and properly adjust the the rubber gasket on waste cup. No cons or regrets on the skimmer

truck0000

I have a question about this. I just figured out how the damn thing works (after 6 months and a major algea problem) the other day after reading the threads. What is the proper bubble amount and how should i adjust the rubber gasket on the trap? Any advice woudl be helpful. Thanks

divetroop

TRUCKOOOO,
I always adjust the gasket on the waste cup by looking at the amount of bubbles coming into the cup. Normally the base of the waste cup should be 1/8" to 1/4" below skimmer's water level. I don't like a lot of bubbles to go into the collection cup because more water is removed from the tank. I adjust the rubber gasket until there are thick foamy bubbles. Everytiome you make a water change, add water, or clean the collection cup you have to readjust the collection cup.