BakPak2 and BUBBLES

meowzer

OK..I have a BakPak 2 on my 29g since April....I have NEVER been able to get it to stop spewing bubbles...even with the internal bubble thing they sell..
The bubble were large, so I really was not THAT worried
Yesterday I started treating the food with selcon and garlic...NOW after I feed the BakPak spews micro bubbles for like 2 hours.
Today I turned it off during feeding, and left it off for 30 minutes. As soon as I turned it on...here cam the micro bubbles...
ANy suggestions? Or did I just get a lemon for a BakPak???

sharkbait09

hello,
thats weird ithink you got a bad 1 cause mine has no bubbles and i dont have the bubble trap thing?
thankyou!!!!!

meowzer

I'm really glad you had no problems...especially since I recommended it to you :)
I really have no clue what is wrong with mine...right now I put a piece of foam inside the outtake thing. It seems to be working for the moment

monalisa

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3106483
I'm really glad you had no problems...especially since I recommended it to you :)
I really have no clue what is wrong with mine...right now I put a piece of foam inside the outtake thing. It seems to be working for the moment
Is that a CPR bakpak? If so, I have one that I literally have had NO problems with...whatsoever. That's saying a lot given my track record with skimmers.
On the other hand, after I recommended and bought the same skimmer for my daughter for her birthday, she too had tons of micro bubbles from hers. This lasted for quite a while, but has since dissipated. I think that some of those skimmers just take longer to "break in".
Note: When I do my water changes and turn the skimmer back on, mine will spew micro bubbles for about an hour...I just figure it's getting the junk out of the water that I stirred up during the change.

Lisa

meowzer

Yeah it's the CPR.....Surely they don't take 4 months to break in

I know they say that when you do w/c's and stuff it can bubble for 24-48 hours, but mine has large bubbles...all the time
I was looking into the other bubble eliminator, it goes inside the tank over the outflow thing....but I really do not know if I want that thing in my tank
Anyone have one????

flower

I got rid of my CPR bakpak...I hated it. I don't care much for the coralife I have now either...I hate skimmers, I need them...but they are the one piece of equipment that drive me to tears. It is always something with those things.

meowzer

LOL...the best one I have is in the refugium by Sealife
BELIEVE it or not...the 2nd best is my Seaclone on the 54G....never gives me a problem...I was gonna replace it a while back, but now I am like...WHY? it works fine

flower

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3106574
LOL...the best one I have is in the refugium by Sealife
BELIEVE it or not...the 2nd best is my Seaclone on the 54G....never gives me a problem...I was gonna replace it a while back, but now I am like...WHY? it works fine

I just bought the coralife..so I won’t be replacing it anytime soon. I am half afraid to service the thing...it is always an adventure to see if the dreaded micro-bubbles are going to show up. The bakpak didn't pull out a third of what the coralife does, and it was always clogging up. I agree..if it ain't broke...don't fix it.