Bamboo Question (Sharky?)

4husky

Hey I posted a question for sharky in the F/O board. Anyone with info about Bamboos and ease of hatching the eggs please respond.
I have done Lots of Bamboo research especially from the aquarists at the Busch park I work in. I read that Sharky had hatched his Brown Banded. I'm looking into the White Spotted, Yes I know they get 3-4ft. I've got my tank to the ideal conditions that I've read Bamboos like. Year old tank, 1.021, 8.1, and ZERO ammo/trites/trates. Good current, and 20#LR rock stacked on one end to attach the egg to. The only swimming thing in the tank is the Molly I used to start the tank a year ago. (Fireworm episode took out the damsels, but problems gone now.) Is there anything I'm missing before I put "both feet in the water"
and go for the baby? I'm prepared to purchase a larger tank as he grows in about 6 mos. to a 180+. If anyone can help, lemme know. I'm aware of diet, (and mess...)
Oh, yeah, Sharky, is yours a M or F, and if M, when did you see claspers???

Thanks,
~Cat~

[This message has been edited by 4husky (edited 11-12-2000).]

4husky

Sharky, I just read what you'd wrote to rk00 about the nurse/ leopard shark post. (check out the photo link to see a white spotted www.starfish.ch/Fotos/Fotobamboo.html )Was there anything more you recommend about the bamboos? (if you check out my replies to his dilemma you can see I've done my home work on the bamboos.) I really value your opinion. Thanks in advance...

~Cat~
[This message has been edited by 4husky (edited 11-12-2000).]