Banded Cat Shark

gene52569

I have a Banded Cat Shark that just hatched out of his egg in my tank. What would be the best food's for him? I have tried raw shimp but no luck on getting him to eat as of yet.

squidd

For "Newly Hatched" I have had good luck with the little frozen cubes of shredded Squid.
Thaw one out and suck up in a syringe (no needle) or turkey baster
and squirt just in front of his face.
He should "smell" it and move forward to eat...
As they get larger you can move to larger pieces of food...Krill,Squid chunks,small Shrimp,Cockle or Silversides (small fish)
Don't forget to "soak" food in "enriching' additives like vitamins,amino acids,and unsaturated fatty acids... Selcon,Zoe,Zoecon,Multi-vit,Vita Chem,etc.
My Shark and Lion fish do not like Garlic but maybe your's will...:D
:cool:

hey , heres what i did when i first got my banded bamboo shark, i started offering him live food like ghost shrimp he started eating those up right away, so i recomend doing that, but im gunna warn you, brownbanded bamboo sharks sometimes wont eat for awhile after being hatched,so if he doesnt eat in a couple of weeks, try force feeding him, if you dont kno how then go to a vet. and they will tell you or do it for you,but that usually you shouldnt have that problem so dont worry, but if you do have to force feed him after that then they start eating on ther own, but i strongly recomend geting a book called "sharks and rays" by. scott w.micheal that book will tell you every thing you need to know about housing a shark.
Jake