banded shark egg?

i got this shark egg a lil over a month n a half ago from a lfs and now the shark is so big inside the egg it can barely move, i can't even see the yoke sack at all any more and about a week ago i seen my sand sifting star climbing on the egg then a noticed later on there was a small hole in the egg, the shark seems to be breathing and moving plenty still so it still seems fine but sometimes it will stick its face to the hole and tail out and it looks like its tryin to get out but it can't, how much longer do you think it will be till it comes out and do you think it will be ok with the hole?

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by saltwaternube
http:///forum/post/3001250
i got this shark egg a lil over a month n a half ago from a lfs and now the shark is so big inside the egg it can barely move, i can't even see the yoke sack at all any more and about a week ago i seen my sand sifting star climbing on the egg then a noticed later on there was a small hole in the egg, the shark seems to be breathing and moving plenty still so it still seems fine but sometimes it will stick its face to the hole and tail out and it looks like its tryin to get out but it can't, how much longer do you think it will be till it comes out and do you think it will be ok with the hole?
I've heard of people cutting the sharks out. The survival rate on these guys isn't too great. I'm not a shark guy, just a nano reefer, so you'll need some other people's input. Anyway, I just wanted to post on here because I saw that you were from Muncie. I thought I was the only reefer in Muncie. Looks like I have some competition.

crypt keeper

as long as you can see a yolk sac its fine. its still feeding. These guys take time. I hope you have a very large tank being set up within the next 6 months