Bang Guy!!! Help

vi3tb0i

HEY, I have 3clownfish and wondering how long would it take for them to breed. Bang guy can you post pics of your 29gal.Bang guy and other clownfish breeders how long did it take for your clownfishes to breed?

treybomb

i havent breed clowns but i would suggest getting the book.. Clownfishes........its helped me soo much so far its really detailed about breeding

viper_930

That book's cheap compared to how much time and money you'd need to spend raising the fry. I also highly recommend getting it.

oceana

if 36 bucks is a problem not be rude but dont worry about breeding clowns. you are going to spend ALOT more then that.
i have the book and if you want can sell you mine for 20+shipping i dont use it anymore. but like i said it cost money to raise clowns and unless your doing it on a large scale it if not very proffitable.
as for your question. it will take as long as it takes. it can take 6months, a year or longer.
you have to have the condition proper to help along the spawning. but even then there it is not a sure thing they will pair up. do not expect to toss in three clown and in 2 months see eggs. although i'm sure that can happen in 99.9% of the cases it wont.

oceana

way to far to be worth driving. besides arent you only like 13. gas aloe would cost more then the book

vi3tb0i

thanks for the charlie pik i am only 13 so its hard for me to pay for that book any other way?

oceana

Originally Posted by vi3tb0i
thanks for the charlie pik i am only 13 so its hard for me to pay for that book any other way?

if you mean give it to you then no. sorry.
once again if you cant even purchase a book how the heck are you going to raise clowns.
i understandthat your young and money is hard to come by but it takes money to raise clowns.

oceana

yes the can noone can say if they will or not. depends on other tank mates/ water temp/ surroundings/ light cycle/food/type of clown/age of clowns. LOTS of stuff

oceana

have you ever noticed how you cant find a ton of info on breeding clowns in one spot??
the reason for that is two fold. one there just are not that many people doing it. but more so becasue there is just so mnay things to talk about. thats why everyone ponits you to a book. find my post on clown fish that was originaly directed at bang. over time now i feel i have it down and have carried on the post on my own. the pics and info there will atleast show you everything you need to have once you have the eggs