Bang guy

sergeant

Can you share your technics to save the eggs and breed the percula clowns?
I have a pair of those and the bigger one is getting puffy. I think they are about to lay eggs. Any suggestions? :notsure:

bang guy

The clutch size will be small and typically most aren't fertilized. They need to practice a few times before getting it right. Once they start breeding they will probably spawn regularly every 2 or 3 weeks.

shnabbles

Bang do you keep you "school" of clowns in a sperate tank altogether? If so what size is it, and what do you plan on doing with all the babies?

bang guy

I have several grow-out tanks. I keep the juvenile Clownfish in 10 gallon tanks until they are large enough to sell.

sergeant

Thank you Bang.
My guess is that this guys are going to take over my 37 gallon tank but thats okey with me. I have a 55 gallon in the back burner to put all the coral.
Would a green chromis or a scooter blenny eat the eggs?
I also have a peppermint shrimp and about 15 blue and red legged crabbs. Would they eat them?
Have you had any of your other tank inhabitants eat the clowns eggs?

bang guy

Originally posted by Sergeant
Would a green chromis or a scooter blenny eat the eggs?

Nope.
I also have a peppermint shrimp and about 15 blue and red legged crabbs. Would they eat them?

Yep.
The male will most likely aggressively protect the eggs from these animals but they will eat the eggs if they get to opportunity.
Have you had any of your other tank inhabitants eat the clowns eggs?

Nope.