Bang, Kipass or ?? 250watt MH/MV

dreeves

I posted awhile back about getting the 250watt MV, Iwasaki 65K light for my little reef...anyways.
I finally got the canopy pretty much completed and took it for a test run lastnight...my question is...with the tank being 24 inches deep and the bulb being about 14 inches above the surface, is this not enough light to provide adequate lumes at the bottom?
I ask as it looked not as bright as the 96watt CF which is on there now. The CF sits about 2 or so inches off the surface.
With the total height of the bulb from the bottom...should I have gotten a 400watt instead?
Thanks in advance.

jacksonpt

I run a 250w Iwasaki over my 24"deep 44g tank with no problems, but, like always, it depends on what you want to keep. I've kept a carpet anemone happy, healthy, and growing for almost a year now without any problems, so for me the bulb is perfect.

bang guy

Believe me, in a week when the bulb is broke in it will be a lot brighter than your PC.
Make sure the

[hr]
on the bulb is pointing straight up also.

attml

The 250w should be fine. You may want to lower the fixture down to about 7-8 inches as long as over heating is not an issue.