Bangaii Cardinal

J

jkat

im thinking about purchasing a couple Bangaii Cardinals and would like soem input on them from people that have or had them. Would they be alright in a 72 gal and what do they eat ? any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

nm reef

I've never had any myself...but bangguy is a expert on cardinals...maybe he will pop in and help you with your question.:thinking:
I'm more of a baseball Cardinals fan myself.....

J

jkat

thanks NM i like the Cards to and i just seen your pics on the contest very nice tank

pontius

I have a pair of bangaii cardinals in my 72. they are beautiful, elegant fish. but they are pretty boring, and mostly hang close to the back corner. they are easily bullied and not too bold at all. I had them with my pair of percs, a yt damsel, and a coral beauty. I removed the damsel in hopes of bringing them out in the open more, but they're pretty shy. they are buddies with the clowns though. they will come to the glass and stare at you, but if you make any sudden movements, they'll jet back to the corner. they're faster than their normal movements indicate.
I feed my brine, mysis, and flakes. they are healthy eaters.

flipper263

I have just one in my 120 gal and he is pretty cool. Unlike Pontius mine is pretty much all over the tank and is fun to watch. He doesn't do much really...but he moves around and adds to the look of the tank. oh...and he eats anything I feed , usually mysis, brine or marine cuisine.
Brenda

lion_crazz

I love my banggai cardinalfish. He's very active in my tank, and very bold. He holds his ground with my volitan lion very well. I feed mine blackworms and brine shrimp, both things he eats very boldly. Every day when I get home, he is waiting at the top of my tank with my puffer and lion waiting to be fed lol. I would definitely recommend getting one or two.

tru conch

ive got a pair in my 180, and they are pretty active. i think they are confused b/c they spend the majority of their time with a school of chromis. i thought they would hang out in the shadows but i was wrong. heres a pic

joker_ca

my girl has one in her 40g and he is very cool looking, one thing i noticed is that he never eats flakes or pellets, just frozen brine shrimp and blood worms

J

jkat

Very cool thanks for all your imput everyone i ordrerd 2 today i cant wait to get them :joy:

fearlessjim

i just got a small pair yesterday... they seem to be doing fine. I was affraid they'd hide in the back, but have been hanging out in the front of the tank...
I fead the tank some flake food last night, and both fish ate some....

J

jkat

Welp bad news i got an email yester day saying that thet where all out of bangaii so i got a 6 line wrasse and a fridmani instead but when they get some more banagii in i am planing on getting a pair :)

clown52

I have a Fridmani and he is awesome. He is constantly at the front glass watching whoever is in the room. He only really goes into the rockwork at night.
I like the Cardinals and may get a pair once I get moved and the tank is ready.