Bangaii Cardinals

*bta*

I was thinking about putting some Bangaii in my tank if i only had, a tomato and perc clown how many Bangaii could i have?

chilidog

im not an expert but i would only put 2 of them in there.try and get a male and a Female and mabe breed them.I wanna do that in a seperate small tanc.

lion_crazz

Yes, I would also try to do a breeding pair. That tank size is fine. The difference between male and female is as follows. Male banggai's have a jaw that is curved at a 45 degree angle, whereas a female has a more rounded body/jaw. The male banggai has a more squared off body, with a much longer banner on the second dorsal fin than the female.

viper_930

The male's bottom jaw is the exact same roundness as the top of his forehead, so it is just like a reflection from top and bottom.
The female's bottom jaw is just flat.

lion_crazz

You're definitely right, Bang, lol. I just think these "differences" are used help to try and attempt to pick out a male and female. You really never can be sure though.

viper_930

Originally posted by Bang Guy
If only it were that easy.

Yea, your right. I tried IDing some at my LFS, and I can't tell a difference. :rolleyes:

russianspy

Gender differences are always so suttle, But if you had to i'd buy the two ones with the most difference between Fat and Round, And Carndal fish are suppose to be in groups...of 4 or more, but hey...who listens to me anyway

bang guy

Typically if you have more than two Banggai in a tank two of them will pair up & kill all of the others.
In other words, I believe having four is a bad idea.

neoreef

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Typically if you have more than two Banggai in a tank two of them will pair up & kill all of the others.
In other words, I believe having four is a bad idea.

Wouldn't three also be a bad idea?

*bta*

the only way i can really ID them is by their banner, but i heard Wild caught Bangaii are prone to sickness?