Bangaii QT question!

jasonmarc

Hi all,
Ok - I have two TR Bangaii in a QT tank (both are small, maybe total size including fins is about as a halfdollar) and are eating like pigs.
How the heck does one determine if they're still clean or are breaking with ich? I've sat in front of these little guys trying to see if any of the spots look raised, etc., and have fallen into that "wait - was that a white color on the fish or was that a white bump or was that a reflection of ambient light or....." until I've gone cross-eyed!
Any suggestions on how to tell if they're cleared? They've been in the tank about 2 weeks, was planning on 2 more - but am trying to kep an eye on everything as we go along...
thanks in advance for any advice
Jason

sepulatian

Originally Posted by JasonMarc
Hi all,
Ok - I have two TR Bangaii in a QT tank (both are small, maybe total size including fins is about as a halfdollar) and are eating like pigs.
How the heck does one determine if they're still clean or are breaking with ich? I've sat in front of these little guys trying to see if any of the spots look raised, etc., and have fallen into that "wait - was that a white color on the fish or was that a white bump or was that a reflection of ambient light or....." until I've gone cross-eyed!
Any suggestions on how to tell if they're cleared? They've been in the tank about 2 weeks, was planning on 2 more - but am trying to kep an eye on everything as we go along...
Jason
Use a magnifying glass. Look closely at the white that you are seeing. If it is raised and saltlike then..............be glad it is in your QT tank

jasonmarc

Thanks Sep - yeah - I learned the lesson the hard way (remember all the hypo questions I had a few months ago? lol).
They look clear to me, but better safe than sorry at this point....
Jason

sepulatian

Thanks Sep - yeah - I learned the lesson the hard way (remember all the hypo questions I had a few months ago? lol).
They look clear to me, but better safe than sorry at this point....
Jason
Definately better safe than sorry.

tranman777

Hi all,
Jason

I usually just hypo all fish in my QT tank. It's better to be safe than sorry u know?
And contrary to all those replies saying that the fish are even more stressed out and hypo not necessary, I believe the fish are less stressed and more happy in hypo.