Banggai Cardinals

parrothead

I am thinking of purchasing two banggai Cardinalfish, and I am just wondering if anybody has some info or personal experiences to share with me about these types of fish.

the rock

the rock says...
great fish, at first glance look kind of boring and fresh water tetraish but at a closer glance their coloring is stunning and they have a neat look to them. excellent for the fish-only or reef tank

twoods71

Very cool looking fish.
Mine was a picky eater at first. He would not touch anything but live brine.
After a few months I tried blood worms for the first time and he gobbled them right up.
After taking the blood worms he now eats frozen squid as well.

putt_77

I have a single bangaii in my tank. He is great. They do not move much, but their movements are so deliberate that they are actually cooler to watch then, say, a trigger, that just darts back and forth. A group is even neater b/c they'll move in sync together. He has been in my tank for 3 years. Very hardy. He has outlived a couple of tankmates. I agree, at least with this one, that they are picky. I have read that flake is not a good choice, but that is this one's favorite. I got him to take squid only b/c tankmates ate it. Mine's a little sketchy, as he'll flee from movement directly in front of the tank and it takes him a while to swim near new additions.