base for tank

space_geek

NO! Do NOT buy crushed coral. Buy dry sand from Home Depot, and a little bit of live sand to seed it. If you use cc, you will regret it, and your nitrates will be uncontrollable. Plus, sand looks better! It looks more natural!!

space_geek

Originally Posted by gregorys
how much sand and how much live sand for 92 gal .
Thanks for the respond
If you go the live sand part of this site...where they sell it. There is a sand calculator thingy on there.

anthony17

how ever much you want not sure of your demensions but my 55 i have about 50-55 lbs of sand 20 of it being LS

littlebuck

you have to watch out what kind of sand you get from home depot. Not any old sand will work. if you go to the LFS you can buy a bag that has water in it that has bactaria and then add that and add aome agronite. I would look at getting 100 lbs i have 80 lbs in my 72. White vinagar on the sand and if it fizzes then it will work in the tank.

anthony17

yea i wouldnt get anything from homedepot or lowes i would go to a LFS, believe it or not they have stuff for fish their thats better than sand that goes in a little play place

anthony17

not sure where you live but just ask people if they live anywhere near where you live and im sure someone will post i live in a really small town and ive met 3 people on here that live with in 20miles from me

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by ANTHONY17
yea i wouldnt get anything from homedepot or lowes i would go to a LFS, believe it or not they have stuff for fish their thats better than sand that goes in a little play place

You CAN go to HomeDepot or Lowes, even Wal-mart to buy aragonite based sand. They work just fine for a lot of folks. Just be sure you bring a bottle of vingegar with you like the above post have mentioned. That's exactly What I'm gonna use on my next tank, it would save a lot more money that way!!! :happyfish