basement sump in progress.

xhappyx

doesn't look like much right now but should be finished tommorrow after noon sometime. never realized how gross my basement looks until i took these pics hahah.

in the pic where it is t'd off there is going to be a 20g tank drilled on the bottom and will drain through the side of the fish pond.

photo guy

It must be nice to be able to keep this stuff AWAY from the tank. I can't wait to see the complete project.

xhappyx

got a few things done today got the refugium hooked up and plumbed need more sand tommorrow. and will have electric done aerated all the water in the system now.. its about 75 gallons with refugium.

xhappyx

i'm a little concerned about the 90 i have coming off the pump for the return i'm not sure how much flow i'm going to lose from that we'll see i should be able to fire it up tommorrow. i only have the 2 outlets in the tank for it hoping it won't slow it down much

xhappyx

some new pics it's up and running today. need more sand and rock for refugium. other then that everything is running perfect.

sleasia

Nice job! Thanks for the pics... I am going to do this too as soon as I figure out how and where to go through the floor. It looks like I might have the same pump as you. I have a big panworld. But I will likely have more head pressure since my sump will be on the basement floor and not elevated as yours is. Maybe I should consider putting it at least up on top of a counter or elevated platform?

howardcu

Is that a PanWorld also known as Blueline pump and if so how do you like it so far? I currently have a MagDrive on my basement sump and it is just way too loud. I am not sure if they are really made for external applications like I have it set up. I was thinking of getting a PanWorld pump and wanted to know if it is working for you.

xhappyx

Originally Posted by howardcu
Is that a PanWorld also known as Blueline pump and if so how do you like it so far? I currently have a MagDrive on my basement sump and it is just way too loud. I am not sure if they are really made for external applications like I have it set up. I was thinking of getting a PanWorld pump and wanted to know if it is working for you.
i like it real powerful and quiet running for the most part..

xhappyx

Originally Posted by sleasia
Nice job! Thanks for the pics... I am going to do this too as soon as I figure out how and where to go through the floor. It looks like I might have the same pump as you. I have a big panworld. But I will likely have more head pressure since my sump will be on the basement floor and not elevated as yours is. Maybe I should consider putting it at least up on top of a counter or elevated platform?
thanks i'm having a serious heating issue though can't keep the water temp right and it isn't even winter yet ... so we'll see how it goes

jasenhicks

Just a quick side note to everyone regarding elbows and such... a 90degree elbow will cause you to lose about 1 ft of pump head. 2 45's cause about half that... sorry thats the navy nuclear propulsion training coming out... the one good thing about it is all the neat fluid flow theory and application i learned that i can apply to my fish tanks.

sleasia

For Howardcu...I am currently using a panworld model 250-ps on a 200 gallon tank. It is very quiet, and very strong. I think it will be better off pumping up from the basement, because right now, on the floor next to the tank, I have to shut it back alot with ball valves so that it doesn't blow my pvc returns out of track...It is that strong. Also if you get this pump do not use plastic hose clamps use metal ones that screw tight. read my thread under diy equipmet entitled "plastic hose clamp warning"...I have a noisy set up but its because I built my own sump and the noise comes from the waterfall of tank water which falls about a foot from the bioball chamber to the water level in the sump. I don't really want to change this though because I beleive it adds some oxygen and can't be all bad.
I highly recommend the panworld pump!!! I also love the asm-g skimmers I have a 4x, its amazing!!!

xhappyx

Originally Posted by acrylic51
How much pressure did you loose with the 90 elbow? What head pressure are you up against?
i lost a good amount of pressure with the 90 i ended up switching it out for a straight run..