batfish

bill33

i know a little bit about them, they are reef safe and you need at least a 180gallon tank, they get about 1foot 5inchs tall. they are very easy to keep

darthmatt

everything I have read say batfish are hard to keep and are for experienced aquarist only. I don't know if it was for certain types or all batfish in general. matt

lionfish12

THEY are NOT reef safe and they are pretty hard to keep. They can be reef kept under some types of corals.

squidd

Perhaps we should ask Firefish3 if it's even going in a reef tank before dismissing the fish as "not safe"...
The "tall tank" requirement is valid though...what sized tank are we looking at...?
As far as being "hard to keep" they are not "ick magnets" or as "disease prone" as some other popular fish, but they can be hard to ship...buy one at a LFS...and they can be hard to get to eat...both the 3"-4" tall babies and the 12"+ sub adults...
Your best be would be in the 6" to 10" range...stabalized at a LFS and known (seen) to eat prepared foods...best kept singlely (from what I've seen)...
HTH