Batfish?

dogstar

This is not mine. The pics from Fishbase. Its a juvi P. pinnatus. They dont look that nice when adults but they get huge. Too big for most peoples tanks. Getting them to eat can be a chalenge too.

ophiura

Personally, not a fish I would suggest. We have an adult in a 40,000g tank at the LFS (yes, the LFS). They get quite unattractive as adults for the most part...if they get to be adults.

mrdc

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
here is my batfish. The second pic is when I first got him.

That first pic looks so familiar .... :thinking: .... I know I have seen it before

crox

Originally Posted by ophiura
Personally, not a fish I would suggest. We have an adult in a 40,000g tank at the LFS (yes, the LFS). They get quite unattractive as adults for the most part...if they get to be adults.

How big do they get? I was getting one for $15 at a local fish auction but wasn't sure of how to take care them.

clown123

the thing that did that chunk is my DAMN TRIGGER i hate em they are always going at eachother i guess the trigger is saying im still boss of the tank even though ur bigger!

ophiura

Originally Posted by Crox
How big do they get? I was getting one for $15 at a local fish auction but wasn't sure of how to take care them.

Big enough to make full use of 40,000g. I would strongly discourage them unless you have several hundred gallons at least, IMO. Many also will not live long after shipping, etc.
Here are links to the adults, they also lose the long fins....
http://fishbase.org/Photos/Thumbnail...ry.php?ID=5737
Most get to be about 1.5 feet/20 inches.

clown123

yea it heals all up then i wake up and see a chunk out of him im like u {EDIT - we'd like to get away even from symbolic cursing, thanks} trigger! lol