Been a loooong time since i posted here. Upgrading my tank finally!!

drew2005

Hey everyone. Its been awhile since i posted here. Been very busy with life and what not. So anyway im getting back into this hobby. i currently have a 46 bowfront with a wet/dry running. Looking to upgrade real soon. Have been battling brown algae since august. Just wont go away. Here is my plans for new tank....
75gallon Deep Blue Edge Rimless Reef Ready tank with stand.
Aqueon model 3 sump(20gal)
MTC In sump protein skimmer with mag7 pump
Acan LED Lighting 600 series(probably a 24" long model) Time to get away from metal halides. Heat issues!
Mag9 pump for return
I currently have 2 maxijet powerheads. I forgot what models. Might need to upgrade these as well.
I have about 50-60lbs of mixed LR. Probably need another 20-30lbs.
Comments and recommendations are much appreciated.

btldreef

A fellow Long Islander!!! And someone who can help me attest to Acan Lighting being an excellent LED fixture!!!!
Are you in LIRA?
Those Deep Blue Rimless tanks are nice!!

drew2005

Unfortunately im not a member of LIRA. I may have to join once my new tank is all set up. These acan fixtures are sick! My lfs just got some in and let me tell you these bad boys are bright!! They are however on the pricey side but being that they are so powerful you can really grow coral well under a smaller fixture. They are made very well. I absolutely love these rimless tanks. I think it gives a nice clean look. I cant wait to set it up! :laughing:

snakeblitz33

I like rimless tanks too. I think I'm gonna go with one as well. I can't wait to see pics of your progress. Are you thinking about upgrading those powerheads to a mp40?

drew2005

^^id love some mp40's but they are expensive. Maybe down the line after the new setup is established. I think for now i can get away with some koralias or maxi jets. I got some work ahead of me. Need to move my 46 cuz the 75 is going in that spot. But i will definitely post my progress though.