BEER Drinkers/H3LL raisers

ifirefight

Who else ....besides me owns their very own Kegerator??? And if you do,whats your pleasure? I shall go first. "Disclaimer" I can neither confirm or deny any of the following statements,so as not to incriminate myself" I have a"TRUE" brand stainless steel mofo,15.5 gallons of Bud Light kept at 33 degrees,24/7,custom made frosty mugs, right next door in the 2nd refridgerator. 8 years I have owned it, A kegs lasts me.........Well....I........UH.....depends...... oh look Bigfoot!!!!!!!!

reefforbrains

I am on the wagon (sorta) but had two taps plumbed in the bar previously. Now I have a vending machine in the shop for friends.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
I am on the wagon (sorta) but had two taps plumbed in the bar previously. Now I have a vending machine in the shop for friends.
I cant be on the wagon... I gave up all my other vices, Its all I got left
I would love to have a vending machine. But with the pinball machine,kegerator,motorcycle,arcade machine,and these god awful fish tanks..I think the wife would leave me...... :thinking: Hmmm..... no..... that would cost to much :scared:

reefforbrains

I dont go to bars, I retired from fighting and aside from smoking and swearing the shop is my safe zone. I have a drink from time to time, but in general I behave.
I dont get into arguing about what color to paint the house or when picking furniture. but she is absolutley not allowed in the shop. Its more of a joke than anything, but its MY space so its a bit extreme sometimes depending on the project. Everything is sharp/flamable/smelly/or otherwise unfriendly.
We supercharged the Lawnmower. Put in pop-up and converted the hedge trimmer to run on Nitro-methane. and I dont even have a lawn...........
the shop is just a place for my friends and I to come up with stupid projects and get away from all the estrogen that surrounds our lives at times.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by ifirefight
I have a"TRUE" brand stainless steel mofo,15.5 gallons of Bud Light kept at 33 degrees,24/7,custom made frosty mugs, right next door in the 2nd refridgerator. 8 years I have owned it,

that nice setup and you have Bud-light in it?

sorry bro- you can do much better.

phixer

Since the raised the price of Newcastle here Im going to have to start drinking Guinness again.

reefkprz

I'm waiting to install the mini kegerator untill I rip out the old chimney and build the bar into my kitchen. its going to be a mix of oak mahogany cherry and birch, maybe some birds eye maple. chunked up and glued together cutting board style then polyed, with an angled dowekl liquor rack and mini glass front fridge to keep the cold stuff cold.
its a nice fantasy hopefully it'll be soon (less than a year.)

ruaround

i sold my kegarator... got to the point where it wasnt cost effective anymore (beer was actually going bad)... so now i go visit it every so often... still some of the coldest beer in town... i would get a different brand every time... i still have my tap markers though... all but the michelob one that was on it when i sold it... now all i have is my pool table, dart board, ping pong table, fooseball table, 5 sided air hockey table and my mini fridge in the upstairs game room and a regular fridge in the garage...
phixer do you have a NOS set up then???

shogun323

Originally Posted by Phixer
Since the raised the price of Newcastle here Im going to have to start drinking Guinness again.
How much is Newkie in your neck of the woods Phixer? It runs $7 a sixer down here.

ruaround

Originally Posted by shogun323
How much is Newkie in your neck of the woods Phixer? It runs $7 a sixer down here.
$9.49 a sixer here for newcastle... at one of the irish pubs we frequent its $3.50 for a 24 ozer... (which is cheap IMO)

shogun323

Originally Posted by ruaround
$9.49 a sixer here for newcastle... at one of the irish pubs we frequent its $3.50 for a 24 ozer... (which is cheap IMO)
Wow $9.49 is steep. But $3.50 for 24 oz is a steal!!!!!

phixer

i sold my kegarator... got to the point where it wasnt cost effective anymore (beer was actually going bad)... so now i go visit it every so often... still some of the coldest beer in town... i would get a different brand every time... i still have my tap markers though... all but the michelob one that was on it when i sold it... now all i have is my pool table, dart board, ping pong table, fooseball table, 5 sided air hockey table and my mini fridge in the upstairs game room and a regular fridge in the garage...
phixer do you have a NOS set up then???
Im a gear head but at the risk of sounding like a jackass (which Im used to) Im thining NOS might be a new acronym for something else I havent heard of
. Nitrous is the only acronym I know of that NOS applies to. Apologize for my ignorance if Im wrong.
No Nitrous on my ride, have built a couple blower motors in the 90s but Ive never been too fond of laughing gas outside the dentist office.

phixer

Originally Posted by shogun323
Man it's crazy, a couple of weeks ago it was 8 bucks for a 6 pac. I aquired a taste for it and then they raised it to 10 bucks... weasels.

ruaround

Im a gear head but at the risk of sounding like a jackass (which Im used to) Im thining NOS might be a new acronym for something else I havent heard of
. Nitrous is the only acronym I know of that NOS applies to. Apologize for my ignorance if Im wrong.
No Nitrous on my ride, have built a couple blower motors in the 90s but Ive never been too fond of laughing gas outside the dentist office.

to have a Guinness keg you have to have a NOS system... it makes it flat if you us CO2...

ifirefight

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
that nice setup and you have Bud-light in it?

sorry bro- you can do much better.
Yea,But I actually LIKE Bud-Light

shogun323

Man it's crazy, a couple of weeks ago it was 8 bucks for a 6 pac. I aquired a taste for it and then they raised it to 10 bucks... weasels.
I was wrong. It's 7.79 here. I wonder if they will be raising it here soon!!! :scared:

phixer

to have a Guinness keg you have to have a NOS system... it makes it flat if you us CO2...
Oh, your talking about the pressurization sys to keep it carbonated... sorry... Im a jackass. No I just have to settle for pints at the pub if I want the good stuff, otherwise its the canned version which IMO isnt as good. If I can find something that tastes like Newcastle for less than 10 bucks Id like to try it. Otherwise it will be the Guinness clinker bottles.
Do any of you guys home brew?

ruaround

i made a pumpkin brew about 6 years ago around halloween/thanksgiving... it turned out awesome... have tried two more times and it was putrid!!! have made a couple hefeweizens that werent bad and a pilsner that was okay... i figured it was easier to just go buy the beers i like instead of wasting a bunch of money on somethin you only break out if there isnt anythin left in the house... and even at that... it usually gets poured dwn the drain... lol...

ifirefight

i made a pumpkin brew about 6 years ago around halloween/thanksgiving... it turned out awesome... have tried two more times and it was putrid!!! have made a couple hefeweizens that werent bad and a pilsner that was okay... i figured it was easier to just go buy the beers i like instead of wasting a bunch of money on somethin you only break out if there isnt anythin left in the house... and even at that... it usually gets poured dwn the drain... lol...
I agree, I have tried to home brew... Its OK,some are not so good. Better to go buy what you like. Its a fun experement to try though. Some things should be left to the proffesionals