BEER Drinkers/H3LL raisers

sepulatian

Originally Posted by TX Reef
I don't need anything but good ole Captain Morgan Spice Rum and some Coke Zero....
HAHAHHAHAA I was thinking along those lines. I am a 7&7 girl myself

rad

^your a girl? I never would have guessed. You've responded to a couple of my threads (which I completely appreciate
) but I never thought for a second you were of the 'other' gender. Its no big deal I just always thought you were a dood. That isnt necessairly bad, for you, but I guess I need another kootie shot now.

edit: I also thought I should be in this thread because I drink lots
of beer. Favorites being; Moosehead, Sierra Nevada, Coors Lt, Blue Moon, Old Speckled Hen, Skinny Dip (by new belgum), St Pauly Girl, Live Oak Big Bark, and Keystone. I wish I had more selection in my town but I cant seem to find an awesome beer place yet. At least none that sell by the six pack.

Since we started with the topic of kegerators and i am half lit right now.
I remember hearing that you can use an old refrigerator to make a kegerator. :thinking:
Wondering if anyone knows the tricks on how to do this as it could be cheaper than buying a new kegerator....
i suppose i could just google it

shogun323

Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
I remember hearing that you can use an old refrigerator to make a kegerator. :thinking:
Wondering if anyone knows the tricks on how to do this as it could be cheaper than buying a new kegerator....
Perhaps they have a conversion kit up there at Meijer!! That place has everything!!!!

ifirefight

Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
They sell nothing to do with fish...so I should be able to post this.http://www.kegworks.com/home.php

alphamandi

My husband and I are beer drinkers...him more so than I. He brews his own beer this year we have done a Nut brown, Irish Red, and a root beer. We tend to like the darker beers. It's really fun and alot cheaper than buying.

Shogun you are right, Meijer does have everything.
ifirefight very interesting site. could be lots of fun. may be another project in my future :thinking:

dragonzim

Originally Posted by ifirefight
I agree, I have tried to home brew... Its OK,some are not so good. Better to go buy what you like. Its a fun experement to try though. Some things should be left to the proffesionals

You must not have been doing it right then!! I can make an exact copy of just about any beer out there for the same or less than what it costs to buy it. I've made stouts, heffweizen and all sorts of ales. Most of them cost around $30-$40 for the ingredients to make 5 gallons at a time.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by DragonZim
You must not have been doing it right then!! I can make an exact copy of just about any beer out there for the same or less than what it costs to buy it. I've made stouts, heffweizen and all sorts of ales. Most of them cost around $30-$40 for the ingredients to make 5 gallons at a time.
I am sure you can...its like any other hobby,you get out what you put in... I used one of those MR BEER ..P.O.S. things I got as a gift. I was NOT impressed. I did not put in much effort,I will continue to support Anheuser-Busch.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by ifirefight
I am sure you can...its like any other hobby,you get out what you put in... I used one of those MR BEER ..P.O.S. things I got as a gift. I was NOT impressed. I did not put in much effort,I will continue to support Anheuser-Busch.

Yeah, those Mr Beer kits are crap. You need to get the real equipment to do it right. On the bright side though, the equipment is dirt cheap compared to saltwater! $100 or so will get you everything you need to get yourself going.

compjtc

I'm sure I'll put in a kegerator someday. My foreign roomate keeps drinking all my beer (bud heavy, guinness). He then is like "sorry, I drank all your beer but you can help yourself to mine". If only he bought something other than PBR and Keystone. I tell him thanks but no thanks