Beginning of Reef

fastlane13

Thats all for now, on saturday for my birthday im goin to stamford and getting 100 dollars worth of coral, then im getting 100 or more worth of coral from here!:happy: :happy: :happy:

S

spike_501

is that crab reef safe? cos he dont look it! i like the 2nd mushroom in the pics

effloresce

please research your corals first, and knwo the right condions they need, two of those corals are SPS corals (small polyped stony corals) and shouldnt be tried for about 6 months of the tank maturing, they also need stable water, and high ligth, not to mention trace elements staying in check.
sof corals are alot easier then SPS and LPS corals, i sugguest buying those first, understanding and learning how to keep your tank stable BEFORE you tray and other LPS or hard corals.
whats are your lights, good luck
nice corals also!

fastlane13

thanks for the info, but it seems that my candy cane and montipora are doin good. Im lodin up the pics for my new coral now.

fastlane13

o and my lights are compact sattelights something, they support all coral including acropora, my lfs hooked my mom up for christmas with all the most expensive stuff so its the best, and thats what she wanted....i think

effloresce

if your lights ate Power compact light, they will not be bood enough for acropora, that is a lie, never trust the local fish store, do your reeasearach, update us with the success of the montipora in a month....